• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Thermoswitch Cut In Temps

timmsy19

Hi all.

i replaced my hermoswitch about 2 months ago but still the car seems to overheat before the switch cuts in

i know a few people have said get one that cuts in lower down but does anyone have the actual part numbers for a Later phase 2 one that will cut in lower down

Tom Fenton

Are both speeds working? There should be a slow speed that comes on earlier, then a fast speed that cuts in when it gets really hot. If the slow speed doesn't work you will find it gets really hot before the fan comes in.

timmsy19

the low speed doesnt work but the full speed did work when i renewed it but neither speed works now. where is the resistor located for it? behind the passenger headlamp?

welshpug

It "should" be clipped to the top of the radiator at the read edge, but is normally just dangling on its wide in front of the gearbox.

the resistor behind the headlamp is for the dim dip system.

James_R

I removed the ballast resistor so it just has one speed (on) not the low speed, which really wasn't helping, not had issues since :rolleyes:

timmsy19

cheers guys.

the one behind the headlamp i removed when i fitted my HID kit so just wondering if i got one of them mistaken.

hmmm i'll try and find the other one tomorrow i think so i can keep one speed.