• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
edbar

Alpha Coil Pack

edbar

Cant find any markings on my weber alpha coilpack to dictate which lead goes from which cylinder to which point on the pack. Put them in this order as a guess. Sorry if there is a really obvious solution.

P4070499.jpg

P4070500.jpg

Hope i explained myself.

Thanks Edd.

unariciflocos

Well if it's a wasted spark system the coilpack only has two coils so as long as you have 1,3 and 2,4 together it should work fine. Looks fine in the pic. Just to make sure look on the back of the coilpack to see if the two coils are aligned vertically or horizontally.

Edited by unariciflocos

edbar

Thanks will do.

Anthony
Well if it's a wasted spark system the coilpack only has two coils so as long as you have 1,3 and 2,4 together it should work fine. Looks fine in the pic. Just to make sure look on the back of the coilpack to see if the two coils are aligned vertically or horizontally.

Isn't it cylinders 1+4 and 2+3 that are paired on a 4-pot wasted spark setup? B)

welshpug

you are correct Anthony as the firing order is 1342,

IIRC the sagem coilpack as pictured has markings near the 4pin plug showing the order to connect the leads, my Bosch one is marked near the lead terminals (same bolt pattern to the thermostat housing)

why is the coilpack mounted sideways though? should be able to drill and tap the lugs and bolt it direct making the wiring a bit easier to route.

plug leads for a ZX volcane will fit better than the ones you have (the leads you have are for a 2.0 which hasn't got recesses for the plugs)

edbar

Coilpack is mounted as in the alpha instructions. Checked and it is a sagem pack, however i have two numbers next to each bolt hole, couldnt find any near the 4 pin plug. So have i connected them wrong? If i read the numbers as it is on the engine i.e on its side the left hand numbers working clockwise say 1,3,2,4 and the numbers on the right of the bolt holes working clockwise around say 4,2,3,1. Excuse my stupidity but never used a coilpack before.

Thanks for help, Edd.

welshpug

sounds like it then, the numbers by the bolts correspond to which terminal the lead goes to, it doesn't matter which pair you put where.

daza4

On this picture :

Coilpackmodified.jpg

If you look at the ribs near the holes for mounting there are numbers - they are very small you may need a magnifying glass but they are there, use 1 set of numbers - ie the left one on each or the right one and you will be able to get them in the correct place, look closely and you will find the numbers,

Daza

Any problems I can check a spare coil pack I have any way,

Edited by daza4

edbar

Thanks daz those were the numbers i was referring to and thought that might be the case. Thanks mate.

unariciflocos
Isn't it cylinders 1+4 and 2+3 that are paired on a 4-pot wasted spark setup? :lol:

Yes they are, my mistake, sorry about that. Spark will occur on the compression stroke of 1 and exhaust of 4 and respectively for 2 and 3, as the two coils will fire consecutively.