• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest leelee

Strut Braces

Guest leelee

hello. i just finished putting my new koni suspension on. looks good and goes good. ive been thinking about getting a strut brace but i dont know if thier worth it for the money :lol: . lookin at the 106 forums they reckon top for looks and bottom brace for improving handling. what does eveery1 else think for the 205.

Batfink

the 106 has a different design front end.

Get the top - it makes a big difference. The bottom is less clear though its rather cheap

Kev

omega

quick hijack which top brace is best? what i mean is that some fit on two studs and some fit on 3 and ajustable or not?

Rom

I run a top brace, tried a lower one for a while, but didnt get on with it.

Mine attaches via all the top mount studs.

Im not entierly sure why some are adjustable ? Hopefully some techie guru will enlighten us.

Ive always thought there meant to stop the turrets flexing so much. And should be fitted as the suspension normally sits ? Not meant to be adjusted ? Like forcing them to narrow or widen.

Jrod

Best brace is one that actually fits inbetween the struts slightly, ones that just bolt ontop are pretty useless imo.

GLPoomobile
Im not entierly sure why some are adjustable ? Hopefully some techie guru will enlighten us.

Ive always thought there meant to stop the turrets flexing so much. And should be fitted as the suspension normally sits ? Not meant to be adjusted ? Like forcing them to narrow or widen.

I'd guess that the most sensible reason is because no 2 shells are the same, so it needs to be adjustable to fit easily.

But aside from that, there is also the age old debate about whether they should be adjusted to pull the struts in, or push them out. Personally I'd just fit with the wheels on the ground, and adjust it so it's snug on the top mount studs, the bolt it down.

omega

i can understand the ajustable bit but what about 2/3 hole?, there must be a reason and it cant be cheapness as im sure ive seen the same company offer both types