• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
buster205

Cleaning Inside Wheelarches

buster205

hi all

what are the best products for cleaning inside wheelarches and what paint is best for re-painting ?

TRYNKEEPUP

ive always cleaned my arches out with wd40 and a rag, leaves a nice finish and gets the crap off easy

stufarri

I jetwashed mine then used concentrated kitchen spray (don't tell the Mrs) with an old dish brush to get the crap off. One arch has a sealant type stuff on it so I'll use petrol and a rag on this and it will come up a treat.

Once clean I intend to paint the inside arches with hammerite smooth but the car is white so I can get away with it

Stu

buster205
I jetwashed mine then used concentrated kitchen spray (don't tell the Mrs) with an old dish brush to get the crap off. One arch has a sealant type stuff on it so I'll use petrol and a rag on this and it will come up a treat.

Once clean I intend to paint the inside arches with hammerite smooth but the car is white so I can get away with it

Stu

i had a go today, i used carbody shampoo (but watered down less than usual) and a scrubbing brush, i have been thinking about white hammerite but do you not think it will be too white ? (if you know what i mean ?)

Ste

flipperthebushkangaroo

i used the high pressure/ high temp cleaner at work on one wheel arch many years ago :(

Now i have one wheel arch with no underseal on it :D

So never use an industrial heated pressure washer it hurts little 205's B)

welshpug

I just scrubbed and scrubbed till they were clean, I hate muddy wheelarches that aren't their original colour!

stufarri
i had a go today, i used carbody shampoo (but watered down less than usual) and a scrubbing brush, i have been thinking about white hammerite but do you not think it will be too white ? (if you know what i mean ?)

Ste

Yeah, possibly I thought that too, but I'll give it a go on one arch to see.

My CTI is off white and the arches may stand out too much.

Stu

KRISKARRERA

Every single year I wash mine until there's now mud left and then paint them with red smoothrite. It near enough matches the cherry red colour and makes thick people think the car is mint.

buster205
I just scrubbed and scrubbed till they were clean, I hate muddy wheelarches that aren't their original colour!

i've scrubbed them and wiped over with autoglym tar remover but i've got black deposits that i can't shift. I'm presuming it's a build up of tar ? but the tar remover won't shift it !

Ste

welshpug

try standard thinners, it's like tar remover, but neat :ph34r:

its a must to do it in a ventilated area though! you'll soon end up a bit :rolleyes: if you do it in the garage!

flipperthebushkangaroo

could the build up of tar be the remains of the origional underseal?

Just a thought