• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chocolate_o_brian

Rattling Noise From Around The Exhaust.

chocolate_o_brian

Hi guys, I've currently got a Magnex centre and backbox on the Pug which I bought from a gentleman on here. The last few days when I've had the window down I've noticed a rattling noise coming from under the car somewhere when lifting off the accelerator pedal. It also does it when starting the car from cold on a morning. The noise is a very tinny rattling noise which I'm assuming may be a heat sheild or at worst a knackered baffle in the centre or backbox resonator.

Could anyone offer any advice on this please?

At worst, I will need a new exhaust piece, at best it's something trivial like loose metal somewhere.

TIA

Andy

MrG

have you checked the manifold joint? I had this late last year and it gradually got worse, turned out to be one of the spring/bolts had worn loose (and had disappeared?), But it could be the heat shield above the back box.

chocolate_o_brian
have you checked the manifold joint? I had this late last year and it gradually got worse, turned out to be one of the spring/bolts had worn loose (and had disappeared?), But it could be the heat shield above the back box.

Doubt it's the manifold joint as it had a new gasket/fitting kit fitted round November when swapping to the Magnex catback. But will check it to elliminate it from my enquiries :D

Heat shield I'm hoping for, otherwise it may be a new/second hand exhaust system, or a straight through pipe from downpipe backwards lol!