• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yanto

Autoglym Lifeshine-any Good?

yanto

Getting a new car(56 plate golf) and the dealer insisted that i buy this autoglym lifeshine-he relised how fussy i was with the car.

Now im not so sure about it-

has anyone use it, whats your thoughts? any pics of your car with it on?

MerlinGTI

its just a guard-x / supaguard vairiant.

Depends on how much the dealer is charging you. I heard a figure of £1000 for a dealer applied supaguard kit, now bearing in mind you can buy the kit for like £150 its a god damn rip.

There was even a guy on here selling small supaguard kits for £10 I think a while back. I have a full supaguard kit and a full life shine kit ('borrowed' from work) I prefer the supaguard, and would certinally reccommend it being applied to your new car (after a clay), but not by the dealer. Source one yourself.

yanto
its just a guard-x / supaguard vairiant.

Depends on how much the dealer is charging you. I heard a figure of £1000 for a dealer applied supaguard kit, now bearing in mind you can buy the kit for like £150 its a god damn rip.

There was even a guy on here selling small supaguard kits for £10 I think a while back. I have a full supaguard kit and a full life shine kit ('borrowed' from work) I prefer the supaguard, and would certinally reccommend it being applied to your new car (after a clay), but not by the dealer. Source one yourself.

Charging me £295.

Can you cancel it-think i've signed for it when i signed for the car?

Can you reject it if they dont do a good job?

jimistdt
Charging me £295.

Can you cancel it-think i've signed for it when i signed for the car?

You'll have to have a look in the wording in the 'contract of sale'. But you should be able to.

kennygti

Im a valeter by trade and highly recommend Lifeshine over all the others ie Supaguard, GardX and diamond brite. Its so easy to use and would defo reccomend buying it yourself and applying it. PM me if you need any further info

timmsy19

like said above dont bother getting the dealer to do it. buy it yourself and do use it.

im quite please with the diamond brite on the interior of my car it actually beads off water. so much so ive put it on my coat and hat ;)

kennygti
like said above dont bother getting the dealer to do it. buy it yourself and do use it.

im quite please with the diamond brite on the interior of my car it actually beads off water. so much so ive put it on my coat and hat ;)

Haha yer the interior stuff is basically all the same. Its the outside polish thats all different. Diamondbrite is time comsuming 3 stage but Lifeshine is like a liquid (looks like piss) and just goes for ages. Theres enough in one tiny bottle to do your car 3 or 4 times.