• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sergio205

2 Piston Wilwood Calipers Vs Pug205 Standard Ones

Sergio205

I'd like you guys to express your opinions about the possible use of 2 piston wilwood calipers (Dynalite single or DynaPro single) on the front end of NON GTI Peugeot 205. This kit from Wilwood http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Pages/10/index.asp pushed me to the idea that I could have this calipers on the front end of my NON GTI Peugeot instead of OEM calipers and combine them with 247X10 mm standard solid brake discs.

This set up has to save weight at the front end, save some money on the cost of discs and has to improve the braking of the car. I have lightweight 1.1L mono injector Peugeot 205.

Any comments will be sincerely appreciated.

Rippthrough

You'd be better off fitting vented discs first.

Sergio205
You'd be better off fitting vented discs first.

To fit vented disks I have to swap calipers and rotors which I have relativley new (less then 5000 km). Don't I get some benefit in braking performance installing 2 piston calipers insteda of 1 piston caliper?

Rippthrough

You do, but I'd say your braking performance is currently limted by it's capacity to dissapate heat, rather than outright power/caliper flex, etc.

andychalmers

As said I would fit vented disks from a GTI. You can keep your calipers but use the 1.6 GTI carrier, this will make the caliper fit the vented disks, then buy a pair of 1.9 GTI disks as the 1.6 GTI disks wont fit. The cariers will be a few quid and the disk are about £15 each, fit some fast road pads and then you'll be away. The brakes wont seem to be much better under normal braking but will be loads better when you use them alot.

Sergio205
As said I would fit vented disks from a GTI. You can keep your calipers but use the 1.6 GTI carrier, this will make the caliper fit the vented disks, then buy a pair of 1.9 GTI disks as the 1.6 GTI disks wont fit. The cariers will be a few quid and the disk are about £15 each, fit some fast road pads and then you'll be away. The brakes wont seem to be much better under normal braking but will be loads better when you use them alot.

I thought about this option when I bought a car, but bleeding screws were cut on both calipers and I couldn't fix this problem. There were no way to buy calipers from 205 here in Russia and I found calipers from Peugeot 206 w/solid discs. The rotor width is 13 mm (non gti solid rotors are 10mm).

With 206 calipers it is not possible to swap only carrier and upgrade this way to vented discs. This is the reason why I thought about lightweight Wilwood calipers.

Having thicker discs+aluminium calipers+propper pads could bring more efficiency and reduce a bit heating of the whole set up. Use of drilled or slotted discs could give a bit more improvement.

Just thoughts, I haven't decided yet what way to go.