• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

White Patchs On My Red Paint Work

yorkshirekowboy

hello, ive had these patchs on my paintwork now for a bit, they dont bother me, but wanted to know why they have developed and if something can be done.

see picture below,

SNC00019-1.jpg

any ideas guys would be good,

thanks

dan

EDIT, sorry for the poor picture.

Batfink

my dad had these on one of his cars. Tried everything and ended up using Cif which worked nicely.

Probably a good cutting compound would have done the trick too...

Last Legend

Basicly its the pigment in the paint 'failing' I'm guessing you dont polish your car?or use washing up liquid to wash it with?

You need to remove the oxidisation (failed paint) T-cut is readily avalible then seal with a good quility wax or sealant like Meguires NXT.

yorkshirekowboy
Basicly its the pigment in the paint 'failing' I'm guessing you dont polish your car?or use washing up liquid to wash it with?

You need to remove the oxidisation (failed paint) T-cut is readily avalible then seal with a good quility wax or sealant like Meguires NXT.

i do wash and wax it, not washing up liquid no haha, ok well ill head down to halfrauds then, and check this stuff out. :wacko:

thanks peeps

Last Legend
i do wash and wax it, not washing up liquid no haha, ok well ill head down to halfrauds then, and check this stuff out. :wacko:

thanks peeps

Wax contains no abrasives unlike polish which cotains VERY mild abrasives to remove paint defects.

KRISKARRERA

I've been washing and polishing my red 405 regularly for nearly 6 years now and something similar has happened to my paint.

yorkshirekowboy
I've been washing and polishing my red 405 regularly for nearly 6 years now and something similar has happened to my paint.

least im not the only one, strange to why it does this, had a go at cutting it with a cutting paste similiar to Tcut and it has done it a tiny bit, but will take me ages by hand. maybe a polisher would be better? I gather you can use a polisher with tcut?

miamichris

No don't use a polisher with t-cut. T-cut isn't great stuff to be honest, i'm not a fan of it and doing the whole car by hand would take ages! you need something like farecla or 3m cutting compound to use with a polisher.

I'm not sure on what grade you would use, someone with more experience will know on here i'm sure ;)

Edited by miamichris

hengti

it's difficult to tell from the picture, but you'd have to hope it isn't the lacquer starting to go - it leaves a sort of 'craze' ontop of the paint, and there's nothing (short of a respray) that'll stop it spreading

KRISKARRERA

Mine actually feels like the paint is smooth still so it's as if it's gone crazed under the lacquer, which is a right bitch.