• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
holland_gt

Brakes On Gtx Gone

holland_gt

Hey guys,

In a moment of madness a chav in a corsa pissed me off enough for me to want to teach him a lesson.... I did BUT

in the process I had to brake majorly for a speed camera and red light. During this braking everyone watched commented that sparks and little flames where coming from my wheels. The flames I don't believe but the sparks were true. My brakes are completely shot. I had a rather scary drive home, even at 20mph. Solid disks just won't cut it anymore so I was thinking I should upgrade to GTI brakes, the hub carrier, vented disks and bigger calipers. Now which model of car do I get the parts from.

1.6? 1.9? a saxo vtr?

I know this has been covered SOOO many times before so sorry for reposting old topics but I want some upto date advice from people who have probably been through the same.

Thanks guys, James

BERTMAN

keep the base model hubs and get 1.9 calipers and discs... depending on what wheels you have

1.9 and base model hubs have the same offset

base model and 1.6 gtis have the same amount of splines for the d/s

Edited by BERTMAN