• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HERMAN

Front Arb Size And Sub Frame Question

HERMAN

Could sombbody please tell what size should my front anti roll bar be on a 1.9 gti? The one that I have just taken off and cleaned up and painted is 17mm and it was fitted with one orange bush and one white bush? On that basis I think it might have had the front sub frame changed at some time. Should the GTI ARB be fitted with blue bushes (23mm)?

If this is the wrong one should I be looking for a ARB off a 309? or is it best to stay with the standard arb size?

Also is there any differance in the front sub frames?

I want to get this sorted while I have the front suspension in bits.

Cheers

Neil

Edited by HERMAN

Baz

Std bushes are different colours side to side, and std 205 size is 17mm, 309 gti is 21mm iirc.

HERMAN

Cool that has just cheared me up. The reason for my confusion is the local motor factors quoted blues one and it looked like they did diferant size in there cataloge.

Cool I will get some bushes from Pug and refit the one that I have got.

Cheers Bas

RossD

The base models are the ones with the thick front anti-roll bars, usually 21 - 23mm. As said, GTi's have 17mm front bars.

HERMAN

Thanks for clearing that up. I just persumed that the GTI would have the larger ARB. Are they smaller on the GTI to reduce under steer??

Cheers RossD

Baz

At a guess yes, and in that they have a different suspension setup to the Gti anyway.

Edited by Baz

RossD

The base models have very soft springs and also the anti-roll bar makes up the bottom half of the 'wishbone'.