• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
John_B

Tracking Settings?

John_B

My front tyres always wear on the outside far more than on the rest of the tyre. I’ve had the tracking checked but it still seems to do it, possibly to a lesser degree than before. I’m not sure what they were set at.

Looking at the Haynes it advises a toe in of 1-3mm. Would more or less toe in result in outer tyre wear?

I have the sprintline shocks with the std lowering springs (-30mm). Do the toe in settings need to be changed to allow for this?

From previous posts I see many people go for 0mm. Would this make the tyres more or less likely to wear on the outside?

alync406

If there is too much toe in it would wear the outside of the tyres...../--\....I think it would be best to set the tracking to 0

BackStreetRacecars

I run 309 front set-up on both my 205s and set them both to zero....

Super Josh

I find that 205s tend to exhibit excessive outer tyre wear when driven as God intended :D

Fitting 309 wishbones sorts this though :D

Josh

James_R

Agree with all the above, set the toe at 0mm although can give a slightly "lively" feel to the car, but yes the 309 wishbones help add some camber to combat the above at the expensive of following the ruts on the motorway (small price to pay I think)

James

swordfish210

I've been setting my tracking to 0 lately and i prefer the way the car handles set like this to the book settings.

Cloverleaf

If you tyres are wearing on the outside you haven't got enough negative camber. Fitting 309 bottom arms will give you more negative camber as said.

Changing the toe will affect the camber due to the castor angle but really you need to set the toe to suit your driving style and fit longer bottom arms.

John_B

Thanks for the tips.

Not sure I want to go the whole 309 setup route, but I think I'll get them set to 0 and see how that goes.