• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
maturin23

Correct Pas Pipe For 1.9 Mi16

maturin23

Hello all,

Just wanted confirmation that the attached image shows the right pipe (from a 1.9 diesel 406) for my 1.9 Mi16.

Would also be useful if any could give me a list of models that have the same PAS configuration- pump on the flywheel side of the engine.

cheers

Ian

post-2569-1238505146.jpg

Edited by maturin23

Dave_McC

Ian

Can't answer your question - though that pipe looks pretty long - but when I installed my Mi I measured up the existing PAS pipe from the standard GTI setup and took it to a Pirtek hydraulic pipe place - they shortened the pipe for £10 while I waited. Fitted fine and no leaks so far in 350 odd miles.

If you want a pic, I can send you one.

Would love to take credit for this idea - but I'd be lying!

As for other models with PAS pump on top of gearbox, I believe all 205 diesels with PAS had this setup.

Dave

Miles

It won;t a direct fit at all so not worth the hassle, As said I normally just mod the std 8v one or you can use the std 405 Mi16 one too

maturin23

Thanks chaps - I'll give that one a wide berth then. I might have the old 8v one knocking around somewhere.

M@tt

i sold my old one to AndyF so if he hasn't fitted it already he might be a ble to get you a pic of it if you need one.

When i went to pirtek they wanted £65 to make me a hose :lol:

as said above a 205 diesel also has a suitable pipe.

maturin23

I think it was a 205 diesel that provided the existing pipe.

I appreciate the offer of a pic, but I'm just being lazy as I can get the one off the car that's fitted - I was trying to do some remote ebay mechanics from the office yesterday afternoon.

Was hoping to get one for the weekend.

Phil H

205 diesel PAS pipe is much shoerter than that.