• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MerlinGTI

Ebay Groved/drilled Disks

MerlinGTI

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-205-GTI-1-6-...A1%7C240%3A1318

Item no : 370129585258

Thinking about buying a pair of these rather than some random mototfactor ones, but wanted to know if these are complete rubbish (as most ebay stuff is these days! ) or a worth while upgrade considering the price?

Im not expecting much from them, just a little bit better performance than motorfactor ones, but excessive warping/cracking/wear is not what im looking for.

Any experiances? :mellow:

Ethos

No experiences but i've HEARD the cheap drilled disks aren't worth trying. It actually makes them weaker and they can crack / kill the disk quite quicker when driven hard.

chris1986

i tried them on a 106 and they were rubbish, don't waste your money, get mintex or simlar. the brakes felt horrible and didn' stop well at all. i gave the 1000 miles use to let them settle but they were never good.

SurGie

Iv just bidded on the web groove disks on e-bay, anyone have any views or experiance on these?

Iv got them for my GTI 6.

Item no 400025669214.

Cheers....

Edited by SurGie

MerlinGTI

1 unhappy customer is good enough for me! Im going mintex :mellow:

SurGie

Theres always one that ant happy, i always see if there is 3 or 4 than i dont bother..

M_R_205

There cheap fpr a reason.... the only thing i can imagine is that some one has a supply from QH or similar who cnc`s a `prety pattern` and some holes in them

The mintex, red dot, black dimond etc discs are so expensive for a reason, its not just the higher grade materials its the design, research and testing that goes into them, you not going to get that for £40 off ebay.

SurGie

True but they are only the rear disks an ant got dollor for the top stuff, i dont like the look of

the mintex disks it dont have enough grooves in them, iv got in my 205 ones that have loads of grooves and they were so good,

noisy though and id want a pair like them again if i can find some. They still have loads of thickness in them too and i braked hard for over a year.

Not sure what make they are though, they gone rusty now cars been of road a while.

Im using mintex road pads with these web disks and il get top stuff fot the front when i get

round to getting them sorted, prop next year as they are new before i got my 6.

Rippthrough

Hmm, 's a lot of area doing sweet FA but add weight though then.

MerlinGTI
Theres always one that ant happy, i always see if there is 3 or 4 than i dont bother..

I think I already knew what to do before I had posted this thread ^_^ Was the tight ass in me that posted!

SurGie
^_^

Rom

Im not a Metalurgist or w/e there called ^_^ But id guess they will be cheap discs, that have just been drilled.

So if your only going to go and buy cheap discs from a motorfactors, these cant be much worse. Yes they have been drilled, so 'may' crack easier.

3 guys at work have used discs off ebay, not sure on exact seller. On a Focus ST, Golf Gti, and a Rover 75 ZT. None have had any problems so far.

Pad material plays a much more important role from what ive read on the various well informed threads on here.

If its for road use, personally, id try them. Just keep an eye out for cracks. If its for track, then id buy quality.

MerlinGTI

I hear what your saying, and of course theres always the option of going groved only ebay jobs (less risk of cracking) but ive decided on mintex now I think :D Must of been getting my new council tax charges in the post the same day I posted that made me think motorfactor/ebay lol

Batfink

pad material has advanced beyond the need for drilled disks