• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
willmounsey

Spax Vsx Kits

willmounsey

Sorry to be bothering you lot with this but been reading on this forum for a while but can find anything on the spax vsx kit.

I got the kit as the standard shocks were knackered and need a low bugdet replacement, I know that cheaper isn't always that good but being in southern Ireland I am limited to what i can get my hands on without paying an absolute fortune (exchange rates, delivery etc).

I could of got a set of bilstien coilovers with tarmac dampers but the roads over here are far too harsh for coilovers. A friend has coliovers on his galanza (not bilstien tho not quite sure of the make) and its just unbearable.

Does anyone else run this setup or have done in the past?

Any info would be appreciated as i just want to know what handling's going to be like.

thanks again

Will

willmounsey

lolo this kit must not be that good if knowbody uses it :)

johnnyboy666

i have some spax on mine (dont think they are vsx tho) and i dont like them tbh, but that could well be because the springs i have on are far too low :)

willmounsey
i have some spax on mine (dont think they are vsx tho) and i dont like them tbh, but that could well be because the springs i have on are far too low :)

thanks for the reply mate

I've only gone for the -25mm drop as we dont have nice smooth roads like in the uk and the front valance is a 309 on mine and sits surprisingly low on standard suspension alone.

do you find it a bit harsh with the spax?

johnnyboy666

i do find it a bit harsh, but the shocks are second hand and a bit tired so it wouldnt be a fair judgement im afraid, theyre also on the hardest setting because of the low springs (so they dont bottom out) which doesnt help:(

i also forgot to mention that i ony have the front ones

so overall my comments are pretty useless im afraid :)

im sure they cant be worse than knackered standard ones? only one way to find out!

Edited by johnnyboy666

mr_exe
only one way to find out!

FIIIIIIGHT!!!!! (Apologies to anyone who doesnt watch Harry Hill's TV Burp)

willmounsey
i do find it a bit harsh, but the shocks are second hand and a bit tired so it wouldnt be a fair judgement im afraid, theyre also on the hardest setting because of the low springs (so they dont bottom out) which doesnt help:(

i also forgot to mention that i ony have the front ones

so overall my comments are pretty useless im afraid :(

im sure they cant be worse than knackered standard ones? only one way to find out!

suppose i'll just have to wait and see :mellow:

cheers for the input anyway mate

sorry mr_exe i dont watch harry hill i dont even have a tv signel in my room :( so really i dont watch much at all :huh:

Henry Yorke

A lot of the ride quality is down to the spings. I had a Spax PSX kit I think on my XS once with 50mm springs. They were adjustable, but that went from hard to f**kin' hard!!

Try them out. If they are too hard, then get some decent springs like Eibachs and see how it fairs then. Most people who are happy with their ride have Eibachs and a lot have changed from other makes to them for that reason

willmounsey
A lot of the ride quality is down to the spings. I had a Spax PSX kit I think on my XS once with 50mm springs. They were adjustable, but that went from hard to f**kin' hard!!

Try them out. If they are too hard, then get some decent springs like Eibachs and see how it fairs then. Most people who are happy with their ride have Eibachs and a lot have changed from other makes to them for that reason

I'll hopfully have mine on the road in the next month (hopefully :unsure: ) and when all is settled i'll make my mind up then, the vsx kit is not adjustable (kit only cost £240) so they are the basic kit you can get but as you say if it is a bit hash i'll try the eibachs.

only time will tell i suppose

cheers for reply mate

Will