• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davemar

Rear Caliper Slider Clip

davemar

In the process of removing my rear pads I've managed to lose the little clip that holds the slider in place between the caliper and pads. Are these something I can get separately? Are they general purpose bits like roll-pins, etc. or special to this caliper?

Duroc

I don't know about individually, but you should be able to get a fitting kit from your local motorfactors. You'll get two slider bars (I think they come in pairs, but a while since I had some) along with the clips you need, that go with them. And also the anti-rattle spring clips.

Edited by Duroc

Tom Fenton

Another option is to drill a small hole in the cast caliper bracket, and lockwire the slider in place so it can't get out. Common on rally cars etc.

davemar

Halfrauds had a brake fitting kit which had them in. It probably isn't intended for that make of caliper, but it was the cheapest one to contain those clips and the other bits can be chucked.