• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marsy

Rear Brake Locking Up

marsy

Im hopeing to have a good look at this on the weekend, basically my o/s rear brakes are constantly locked on. Iv had to change the pads on it once before because of this, and the calipar was a little stiff but thought i may have solved it by maybe unsiezing it. Sadly not as it's back again.

Could it be my compensator? Any way of testing these to see? Any other pointers would be greatfull to guys. Is it worth changing the calipar anyway?

Thanks.

Anthony

Do you mean locking up, as in skidding when braking, or locking on, as in the brake staying applied after you release the foot/handbrake?

If it's locking up when braking, then it's almost certainly the compensator.

If it's sticking on after braking, then it could be a few things - possibly a sticky caliper, possibly a brake hose that's collapsed internally, or possibly the handbrake cable isn't releasing properly (if it's after using the handbrake rather than the footbrake). Unlikely to be the compensator in my opinion.

marsy

Hi Anthony, thanks the reply. Sorry i should of said Locking on.

It is noticable everytime when releasing the handbrake, and when braking most of the time its noticable.

I wont splash out on a new compensator untill iv checked the rest then.

Thanks matt.