• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wildejon

Lsd For Road Use?

philfingers

I stripped both of mine. The one I had from new in the 309 with about 10k road miles and 12 road rallies and the one out of my tarmac 205. The 309 one had very little wear (runs on Comma SX semi {i think} syn oil). The 205 one looked like it had picked up some debris but the plate thickness was ok. As Brumster said they higlight any thing wrong with your suspension settings. Even 5 psi difference in pressures side to side will have it pulling across the road one way and another as you come on and off the power. Tracking out does the same. But it’s worth it!

wildejon

Awesome response to my question, thanks one and all!!

Lead me to purchase this: fleabay

2nd hand Tran X, seems like a good deal though, we'll see how much work it needs for its service but I'm happy to have done it and really excited to try it out already! Collecting from the guy on Weds :)

I will endeavour to pop it down to you asap Miles!

I really love this site, eveyone is sooo helpful!

Tom Fenton

Good buy, I had my eye on that one too, I bought the other one that was on ebay, I'm also looking forward to trying it.

wildejon
Good buy, I had my eye on that one too, I bought the other one that was on ebay, I'm also looking forward to trying it.

lol, I was after that one if this fell through, how much did you get it for? Looked like he sold it outside of ebay?

wildejon
I stripped both of mine. The one I had from new in the 309 with about 10k road miles and 12 road rallies and the one out of my tarmac 205. The 309 one had very little wear (runs on Comma SX semi {i think} syn oil). The 205 one looked like it had picked up some debris but the plate thickness was ok. As Brumster said they higlight any thing wrong with your suspension settings. Even 5 psi difference in pressures side to side will have it pulling across the road one way and another as you come on and off the power. Tracking out does the same. But it’s worth it!

Sounds like I might have to check the suspension.... I'm not 100% it is all set up as best as it could be really, maybe I'll start another thread to find out about that one :)

Tom Fenton
lol, I was after that one if this fell through, how much did you get it for? Looked like he sold it outside of ebay?

£280 posted :)

wildejon

Wow, thats an awesome deal!

OK, now I'm super jealous...

oli-pug
£280 posted :o

Wahhhh :o:) It was up to £200 plus post with 5 days left! Serious bargain there mate, I should have been quicker of the mark :D

Tom Fenton

Like I said in the other thread, he who dares wins and all that! The diff that you bought (wildejon) I had enquired about and he wanted £400 plus the postage- I tried to chip him to £400 including post but he wouldn't have it, so I was biding my time and was going to watch what the auction did. As it turns out I did right as you got it for less than £400 plus post, but the guy more or less got what he wanted. However the other one came up in the meantime, and when I enquired about that the guy said he was after £250 plus post for it- well I had his arm off as you can imagine. I'd agreed to the sale with him whilst it was still on 99p reserve not met, but he honoured the deal even though the bids were coming in so fair play to him. Its currently in the hands of parcelforce as he posted it friday and sent me the tracking number. To be honest I do feel lucky, I've been on the lookout for a diff for a few months now, but as I'm in no rush for one I was waiting for a bargain to come along, however it does seem that the going rate for a used diff is in the region of £400, so I'd more or less given up hoping for a bargain and actually got very close to paying £400 plus post for that one above. Glad I waited! Just need to source some diff bearings now.

Jon_Bmw

Miles does some pretty cheap diff bearings...

You'll just need to press them on.

Sign in to follow this