• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
saveloy

Omex

saveloy

I need to connect my Vista equipped laptop to my Omex 500 ecu. I'm using the latest Vista supported Omex software, but I simply cannot get any joy.

I've no serial port, so I have tried a serial to usb adaptor. It won't work in any usb port. The laptop simply goes straight to the blue page of death.

I have also tried a PC card to serial adaptor. It won't give me the blue screen, but it won't work either.

Any ideas?

wracing

this issue is usally driver related, its sounds like there is no issue with the ecu or the software

to test the usb to serial

plug it in and the boot the computer.

if the computer fails to post its a hardware issue with the adapter

if the computer blue screens at boot up then its more likly a driver issue

have you installed the correct drivers

is it a cheap adapter, it may have an old chipset not comp with vista

check event log for more info and report back :D

saveloy

The laptop does recognise the usb to serial adaptor. I do get a box up telling me it's ready once I plug it in. It is an old adaptor, but Vista seems to have installed the drivers for it.

I did get a Windows notice up today, telling me that it was my Nvidia SATA driver causing the issue. I updated the software, but still the blue screen.

Just to clarify, I only get the blue screen when I try to connect the laptop to my Omex ecu, not when I plug in the adaptor.

The pc adaptor I get no joy with at all.

Edited by saveloy

marksorrento205

saveloy

Thanks Mark, but that doesn't seem to be my issue.

marksorrento205

Thats me out then :rolleyes:

sideways danny

does your laptop have a PCMCIA slot? the coms adapter for these is far more reliable and it's what we prefer to use when mapping. We (omex) do have a USB adapter we recommend, that seems to work fairly reliably compared to most others

saveloy

I have tried a PCMCIA adaptor, but I can't get any joy with that either. It seems to recognise the laptop - the software tells me that the ecu is offline when i turn the ignition off. But, it won't actually connect to the ecu.

pugpete1108

i'm having the same issue with mine (be it a ms ecu instead). brought a cheap lead and no joy, i'm going to pick up a better quality rs232 to usb adaptor today and hopefully that works.

i never got the blue screen though that dont sound good.

and even running vista i still needed to install drivers from disk to allow the serial adaptor to work,which normally you dont need to do.

i'll be watching this post :P