• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
one-lady-owner

To Yellow Or Not To Yellow......

one-lady-owner

As a few of you have already noticed, I'm in dire need of some new driving lamps, and I'm not sure whether or not to go over all french and go yellow.....

205clean.jpg

Opinions? What body colours actually suit the yellow driving lamps?

Tom Fenton

Keep it standard. UK 205's never came with yellow lamps so a nice standard original example shouldn't either, in my opinion.

Mark205

Silver suits yellow, IMO maimi blue suits yellow and black suits.

jimistdt

Just put some new clear ones on, it'll look fantastic. Yellow wouldn't go well there I don't think. :D

rubyna
Just put some new clear ones on, it'll look fantastic. Yellow wouldn't go well there I don't think. :D
Stick with the standard clear ones, far crisper looking imo.!!

Luke...

pugdamo

Stick with clear mate. The only colours imo that suit the yellow lamps is Black and White

Mark205
Stick with clear mate. The only colours imo that suit the yellow lamps is Black and White

Not strictly true mate, my silver one looks stunning with yellow fogs, they go with the black bumpers and the car is very low so it completes the package.

I remeber not knowing wether to replace mine with clear or yellow and i am glad i went with yellow as for:

1) their isn't any other gti ive seen yet, (except pics on here), with them on

and

2) their isn't any other gtis around :D

Its another marmite thing, like them red tailgate panels.

pugdamo
Not strictly true mate, my silver one looks stunning with yellow fogs, they go with the black bumpers and the car is very low so it completes the package.

I remeber not knowing wether to replace mine with clear or yellow and i am glad i went with yellow as for:

1) their isn't any other gti ive seen yet, (except pics on here), with them on

and

2) their isn't any other gtis around :D

Its another marmite thing, like them red tailgate panels.

I hate Marmite,not keen on the red panels either :huh: .

pugdamo

Also,i know your car is VERY low,you got the springs from me. You got any pics up yet?

Mark205

And at a good price.

I haven't forgotten, i havent managed to get hold of a camera yet.

I will take some soon though as i want to show her off on here and also let people see that yellow fogs work on silver, what do you think pugdamo for wheel colour,

white or gold.

Edited by Mark205

pugdamo
And at a good price.

I haven't forgotten, i havent managed to get hold of a camera yet.

I will take some soon though as i want to show her off on here and also let people see that yellow fogs work on silver, what do you think pugdamo for wheel colour,

white or gold.

Id go for white mate,im not a fan of Gold wheels,only car that looks good with gold wheels is an Impreza. My mate bought a Graphite grey one with gold wheels,it looked awful.

Look forward to the pics.

Mark205

Scooby dooos look excellent with gold wheels and that big spoiler, one goes past my house at least 3 times a day, and that sound they make....anyway back to the 205, pics will be up soon, could do with a little help posting them as i dont have facebook or any of the others.

Hows yours coming along, id love a laser.

steve@cornwall
Hows yours coming along, id love a laser.

Yet no-one's mentioned lasers with yellow fogs! (not sure they work with red, though) my laser had very yellow driving lenses, not the pale ones usually available :D

and many years ago I had a blue 1275GT with gold wellers!!! - matched the 1275GT stripes and IMO looked the DBs

Baz

I quite like yellow lights on some colours, my Miami runs them.

Baz
P80.jpg Edited by Baz

joe1joe

well just my opinion they look horble!! stand out too much... and almost make the car look dated..

Mark205

I've noticed that some yellow fogs are different to others.

I had mine of ebay and their still quite new, whereas some of the older ones look a little strange.

I once took a picture with my phone on a strange setting and my fogs (yellow), came out purple :rolleyes: