• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Heater Fan Not Running

pugpete1108

after sorting out so many problems on this motor, another one just pops up. The fan moter on my 306 is running but there is no air being blown out grrr.

my first thought is that the actual fan has sheared off the shaft and is not turning when the motor is?

also are these accesable from underneath without taking out the dash? god i hope so :)

miamichris

this happened to me mate and it was a strange one. I lifted the scuttle panel off and the rubber cover over the heater intake hole had got sucked in and was blocking it!

So as you said I could hear the fan going but no air coming out.

Give this a try, mine also does this thing once in a while where the blower just completely stops randomly, then I strip the dash down and it starts again for no apparent reason! french electrics! :)

Edited by miamichris

pugpete1108
this happened to me mate and it was a strange one. I lifted the scuttle panel off and the rubber cover over the heater intake hole had got sucked in and was blocking it!

So as you said I could hear the fan going but no air coming out.

Give this a try, mine also does this thing once in a while where the blower just completely stops randomly, then I strip the dash down and it starts again for no apparent reason! french electrics! :D

cheers dude will give t a try.

had trouble with the heating anyway as it wasnt blowing hot air to start with, flushed the matrix and it seems better but still not hot just warm.

was kinda hoping not to worry about it but its getting cold again out so i might need a heater :)

ablister

fan is quite easy to get to, it's under the glovebox, held in by 3 (iirc) screws. Might have to take the carpet trim off if you have one. You'll see it when you stick your head under

mr_exe

Have you tried the brown relay in the fusebox by the steering wheel?

pugpete1108

bloody thing its now totally stopped working grrr

have checked the fan-its ok have checked the fuse-its ok

will check the brown fuse nxt(is ti the only brown fuse), it should click right when the knob is turned?

also after looking on the 306 forum there is a resistor pack on the air inet which can also fail.

now i have also got a flat tyre.............. anyone want a ph1 xsi, going cheap?

pugpete1108

still no joy with this have not got any voltage at the motor or at the resistor pack, the fuse is ok.

what relay is it exactly? there are two brown relays??

miamichris

have you tried changing the heater resistor? I was told these are common to give up so I was going to do this when mine stopped working but then it started again and its been fine since! ;)

don't know about the relay, only other things I can think of would be to check all the fuses or maybe change the heater control panel for a known good one?