• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
charlo99

A Long Way To Go

charlo99

well all,just started stripping out my 205 i,m only bout 4 hours in and all is going well. :)

the 2 front wings were a bit rusty so i took them off found new 1's on the net 35 sterling each.didnt buy yet.

found 3 penny size wholes in the floor much better than i thought it would be as it failed the nct because of this

and a few other things, axel bushings, seats not secure,head light not secure and a few others stupid things.

The clucth went shortly after so time to give her a bit of attention,no pics yet will get them soon as possible.

any comments tips would be great,thanks

SurGie

Hi

Try to tighten the seat bolts underneith the seat, also underneith the seats are black rubber mounts that screw in and out

like the ones inside the boot lid, they are used to keep the seat in a tight fit so it wont wobble. Try lifting up the seat and

you should see/feel them underneith in footwell and at the back, i beleive there are four of them in total.

Edited by SurGie

charlo99
Hi

Try to tighten the seat bolts underneith the seat, also underneith the seats are black rubber mounts that screw in and out

like the ones inside the boot lid, they are used to keep the seat in a tight fit so it wont wobble. Try lifting up the seat and

you should see/feel them underneith in footwell and at the back, i beleive there are four of them in total.

well,i have the seats and carpet etc out. i can see the black rubber mounts will give it a go when i'm putting them back in.

it will be a while i'm giving her a full respray maybe mi16 conversion though not sure yet.

any idea what i can do underneath the car, axel an suspension wise?

thanks

SurGie

You could use a 309 GTi axle or get a standard axle then get either a pair of citreon ZX arms for the

negative camber etc and use them for the torsion bars and ARB.

You can also use the 309 gti anti roll bar at the front as well.

There is loads of posts on here if you look hard enough to do with suspension up grades.

It just depends on what the 205 is used for road/track only etc.

i'm sure you'l find what your looking for on here.

Hope this helps ya...

charlo99
You could use a 309 GTi axle or get a standard axle then get either a pair of citreon ZX arms for the

negative camber etc and use them for the torsion bars and ARB.

You can also use the 309 gti anti roll bar at the front as well.

There is loads of posts on here if you look hard enough to do with suspension up grades.

It just depends on what the 205 is used for road/track only etc.

i'm sure you'l find what your looking for on here.

Hope this helps ya...

nice 1 just after i last posted had a look about and found what i was looking for thanks a mil