• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tony perks

Dyno Results For 1.1 Tu Race Engine

tony perks

This is the is the graph for this engine on which I did the head work, 136.2bhp Max at 8433, and 88.4 lb/ft torque at 6774, and did 104 bhp on the rollers. 76.3lb/ft torque at 4100, and 78.7 lb/ft still at 8700rpm quite wide for a 1100, Ive had some 1275 Mini rally cars with less.

image001-1.gif

Edited by tony perks

Baz

My that's pretty impressive for a baby 1100! What's the rest of the spec?

tony perks

The engine was built to a budget, and uses std liners and pistons, liners were topped with the block to leave .005" protrusion, liners were also bonded into the block, rods were lightened and hd bolts were fitted, pistons were modded with valve cutouts(as it was we shouldnt have bothered and kept the comp ratio higher as when checked we had more than enough clearance to not need them ).

Head is fully worked and was flow tested as we went with all mods then the Cam shaft was ordered from Newmans based on the figures given from flow bench testing, I think from memory lift was .450 on the inlet and .360 ex 295deg inlet timing and 318deg on the exhaust, Carbs were down draft webbers (maestro) and manifold and a cheap 4 branch, dizzy was modded to give mid range advance then very slow form about 4000 up. Oh yes valve sizes are std 1100, 1360 valves were too shrouded on the 1100 head and lost a good 15-20 cfm flow. I will try to find the head flow figures and put these up too.

Dom9

Wow - Impressive stuff!

That is 16v superbike territory (a few years ago).

I love these small capacity engines making this sort of power!

• Like 1

tony perks
Wow - Impressive stuff!

That is 16v superbike territory (a few years ago).

I love these small capacity engines making this sort of power!

The engine was re-built to replace his old engine which made 115bhp and was still quick, but my boss runs an 1120 Imp and this chap just couldnt catch him so he brought it to us, now the old Imp engine was 145bhp at 11000rpm!, the new imp engine has a steel forged crank not a welded up one and steel rods and forged pistons so should rev for longer at higher rpm the old engine was race limited to 9500rpm and 120bhp, so it will be interesting to see which is quicker now!

RossD

Thats a great result. :( I always thought the 1100 and the 1400 had the same valves and cylinder heads though? I know the 954cc heads had smaller valves than the rest of the range. Would definatly be interested in the flow figures you've got from that head!

There's definatly something wrong with my 1600 if it's making less power than an 1100 :rolleyes:

Edited by RossD

welshpug

poor MA box :rolleyes::(

snillet
Thats a great result. :( I always thought the 1100 and the 1400 had the same valves and cylinder heads though? I know the 954cc heads had smaller valves than the rest of the range. Would definatly be interested in the flow figures you've got from that head!

There's definatly something wrong with my 1600 if it's making less power than an 1100 :rolleyes:

PSA is making us rip our hairs out for the spec of standard engines...

I have both TU1M and TU3M (alloy block) stuff in my garage right now and i can´t seem to find any difference in the valvesizes ?, the 3S head has larger and better shaped ports but still the same valvesizes as the TU1M head, which...was also mounted to a lot of TU3M engines, but some has the 3S head, ripping out hairs it is....

What TU1 and TU3 engines is referred to when talking larger valves in TU3 head ?, except for the 106 XSi engine..., but the carb manifold doesn´t fit that head so i guess it´s not that one ?

tony perks
PSA is making us rip our hairs out for the spec of standard engines...

I have both TU1M and TU3M (alloy block) stuff in my garage right now and i can´t seem to find any difference in the valvesizes ?, the 3S head has larger and better shaped ports but still the same valvesizes as the TU1M head, which...was also mounted to a lot of TU3M engines, but some has the 3S head, ripping out hairs it is....

What TU1 and TU3 engines is referred to when talking larger valves in TU3 head ?, except for the 106 XSi engine..., but the carb manifold doesn´t fit that head so i guess it´s not that one ?

The other head we tried that he had, Had the larger 106xs1/rallye valves fitted to it this head gave no more power on the old engine and the torque was all but non existant, the engine would just fall flat on its face when he got into a sticky or deep muddy section.

tony perks

Yes this engine may make more power than your but it would be useless as a road engine it dont come on cam properly until 4000rpm then the torque curve is quite flat up to about 8300rpm with a std road box evry time you changed gear you'd have to start all over again! as the engine would just die as it drops off cam, Remember also that Autograss is mostly 2nd gear all the time and this engine with his box gives 30mph at4000rpm and at peak revs its doing only 65mph right where it needs to be for this application.

Rippthrough

Sounds just about right for me :lol:;)

Rippthrough

Actually, who did you get the rod bolts from, last time i was after some I was told ARP didn't do any, had to ask TK Precision for some custom made.

tony perks
Actually, who did you get the rod bolts from, last time i was after some I was told ARP didn't do any, had to ask TK Precision for some custom made.

Yor right ARP dont do them they were out of a Honda I think i cant remember I dont order the parts i just put them together, i can try to find out, but the same bolts we use on 1360 engines too, the rod does need relieving to fit them though.

Rippthrough

If you wouldn't mind I'd love to know to save me some pennies on the next engine, pretty please :ph34r:

Noesph

thats bloody amazing.....

Galifrey

Impressive stuff!

I have seen some of the high power Imp engines as well, some of those are incredible

dave205

The engine was built to a budget, and uses std liners and pistons, liners were topped with the block to leave .005" protrusion, liners were also bonded into the block, rods were lightened and hd bolts were fitted, pistons were modded with valve cutouts(as it was we shouldnt have bothered and kept the comp ratio higher as when checked we had more than enough clearance to not need them ).

Head is fully worked and was flow tested as we went with all mods then the Cam shaft was ordered from Newmans based on the figures given from flow bench testing, I think from memory lift was .450 on the inlet and .360 ex 295deg inlet timing and 318deg on the exhaust, Carbs were down draft webbers (maestro) and manifold and a cheap 4 branch, dizzy was modded to give mid range advance then very slow form about 4000 up. Oh yes valve sizes

are std 1100, 1360 valves were too shrouded on the 1100 head and lost a good 15-20 cfm flow. I will try to find the head flow figures and put these up too.

What an impressive engine build! Just out of interest what was the full spec?

welshpug

you just quoted the post with the spec :lol:

dave205

you just quoted the post with the spec :lol:

Yeah i did see that but i meant is that the full spec. Made myself look a c*ck really :(

calvinhorse

Any updates on this? How’s she getting on? 

calvinhorse

Oh snap, 2009 this thread started