• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SPGTi

Interest In Pro Quality Primer / Laquer In Aerosols

SPGTi

I have a source of high quality etch primer, 2K acrylic filler primer and 2k clear lacquer in aerosol form. The paint is made by a German company Mipa paints. The 2k system works by having an "internal cylinder" that releases the activator into the primer / clear by depressing a button. Shake the tin and you have a 2k paint system in an aerosol with a pot life of around 6 hours (see website for more detailed description).

If anyone is interested let me know and I can sort out prices.

Can this be left here for a few days before it is moved into a group buy section to see if there is any interest.

Steve

platty

I buy 2k aerosols from my local paint shop. Will be interested on the price though, currently costs me £9.75 per can, so if its less than that I'll be after a couple.

djinuk

sorry for maybe asking the obvious, but what is the advantage to using 2k aerosol , other the spray u can buy from halfords etc.

Powers

I am interested feel free to pm me with the prices.

platty

Superior finish, and much more hardwaring than halfords paint.

You do only get a limited time to use it once you have mixed in the hardener though. It sets solid in the can if you leave it too long (hrs)

Edited by platty

djinuk

sweet, did you aerosol your bay then , or did you use a spray gun ?

platty

Nope, I aerosoled it with 2 pak gloss. It came out really well, although I nearly passed out at one point from the heat/fumes in my 'booth'! and that was with a good dust mask on. :)

djinuk

hmm , i may be interested in this, might be better than than spraying from a gun. Prices please

chrisj21

Intersted in a few cans of lacquer :)

Chris

Cameron

:( That's why you should use a vapour mask!

I'd definitely be interested. I'm fed up of using the s*ite that Halfrauds sell, my cage has been painted for a year now and you can still dig a fingernail into the paint! :rolleyes:

SPGTi

OK, I will get some prices sorted out.

Any suggestions on the cheapest way to post the cans out ? Of course collection is an option as well.

Steve

M_R_205

I may be interested in a couple cans of primer so long as it wont react with what ever the body shop will put on top :rolleyes:

Will await prices though

Cheers

Paul.

projectpug

I wouldn't spray 2K products without an airfed mask and suit on. They contain isocyanates which can cause real damage and its also absorbed through the skin.

Cameron

So is this stuff just primer or lacquer, or can you get colour coats too?

SPGTi
So is this stuff just primer or lacquer, or can you get colour coats too?

I am just offering an etch primer, 2k high build primer/filler and a 2k laquer. Of course colour coat is available but it needs to be produced from a mixing scheme and then filled into aerosols. This is basically pro body shop products that are filled into aerosols for easy use. As with a body shop any colourcoat would need to be colour matched to the rest of the car etc. They do not mass produce "standard colours" like you would find in Halfords.

Steve

Nathan

I'm interested in a few cans of laquer :rolleyes: