• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mattbenselin

Challenge Of The Day:

mattbenselin

Hi

At a recent visit to the scrappy I cam across this lying in the back of a 205:

P230309_1157.jpg

I promptly grabbed it and took it home for closer inspection. Although found in a 205 it is not made to fit a 205 and I have not been able to work out what it is for.

...So my question to you is: Can anyone help me identify what car this exhaust is designed to fit?

P230309_115701.jpg

As you can see the exhaust hangers are not 205. The overall length is about 32"/82cm, the silencer is 14"/36cm long and 6"/15cm in diameter.

It is made by PowerFlow and has stamped in the side:

POWERFLOW

LONGLIFE EXHAUSTS

STAINLESS STEEL

FI-150X360C60 18612

P230309_1158.jpg

P230309_115801.jpg

I thought it maybe Peugeot because it has an olive type connection just like that of the later 205 exhausts but looking around the scrappy at other Peugeot exhausts it did not seem to match any of these.

P230309_115802.jpg

Any information regarding this mysterious exhaust would be appreciated and once it's identified it will be for sale.

Thank you, Matt

Baz

It's a badly made POS. Like most other PF exhausts.

Do i win a prize? :)

DrSarty

My middle and back box (!) are PowerFlow, and do look better made than this...errr...contraption. Admittedly I got them with the rest of my system, complete with Maniflow 4-2-1 manifold etc from good ol' Batfink for 4 monkeys. :)

Edited by DrSarty

mattbenselin

Thanks for your opinions guys but I'm still no closer to knowing what it's for. Someone must recognise the position of the hangars or something, please :D

NeilGTi85

The tail peice reminds me of the one on a 306....

Baz

the hanger's have to be a clue...?

hengti

if it's Powerflow/Longlife, it'll be custom made; someone might be able to disagree, but would have thought the chances of anyone being sure of what it's for from the position of the hangers has got to be pretty limited - they're probably in the same approx posn. on lots of cars; could try Powerflow/Longlife themselves having said that?

mattbenselin

I asked Powerflow and they said the same thing that as it's custom made they cannot be sure what it's for. I just though that with it being in a 205 (I know not from one), having an olive type joint and all the knowledge on cars here someone maybe be able to identify it, maybe as a Peugeot item maybe not.

DrSarty

We have failed you Matt.

At least you can rest assured, that it is indeed part of an exhaust system designed to fit a car, and in all likelihood is a PowerFlow backbox.

HTH. :)

mattbenselin

Someone might know yet! Suppose next thing is to take it down to a garage like quikfit or somewhere which has a large stock of exhausts and see if I can have a look around and match the shape and hangers to something.

GLPoomobile

If you identify it, you might be able to make £30-£40 out of it on eBay, if you are lucky. Is it really worth the effort?

Baz

well it's not for a 205, 309 or 405!

richsmells

The hanger looks like a generic one I bought from halfords as an interim measure when one of mine snapped.

mattbenselin

It's welded onto the exhaust though and positioned in such a way that it looks like its meant to fit a specific car.

Mark205

I have seen hangers like that before, the only cars that spring to mind are a saxo or a renault clio.

mattbenselin

Neither of those have hangers in the same position...the mystery keeps on going!

bensonmi

looks similar to saxo/106

Jrod

AX GT?

mattbenselin

I really need confirmation...

Jrod

You shouldnt of bought it unless you knew what it was for then. :rolleyes:

mattbenselin

I didn't buy it that's the point, it was just lying in the scrap yard and it was shiny so I took it home for free they don't care!

maturin23

I've not been able to sleep since this thread started - someone please identify this part - I MUST KNOW :rolleyes:

GLPoomobile
I've not been able to sleep since this thread started - someone please identify this part - I MUST KNOW :lol:

When I was little, a friend's mother always used to say "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" ;)

maturin23

You know me, Steve - not a sarcastic bone in my body :lol:;)