• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steve@cornwall

Starts But Won't Run

steve@cornwall

After some b******* tried to steal the CTi it now won't run :P starts first turn of the key but dies straight away. with or without the fuel pump running. It did run last night - when first started it died, but fiddled with the tachy relay and off she went - no such luck today :D

I reckon something fried with their pathetic attempt to hot wire, so will switch the ecu and tachy relay. any other ideas? This is ruining my son's 18 th birthday today, as well as f**k**g up my plans to swap the engine

steve@cornwall
After some b******* tried to steal the CTi it now won't run :P starts first turn of the key but dies straight away. with or without the fuel pump running. It did run last night - when first started it died, but fiddled with the tachy relay and off she went - no such luck today :D

I reckon something fried with their pathetic attempt to hot wire, so will switch the ecu and tachy relay. any other ideas? This is ruining my son's 18 th birthday today, as well as f**k**g up my plans to swap the engine

Whatever thew thin yellow wire from the ecu is - that's the culprit. Broken inside the sheathing and corresponding to the marks left by whatever levered the lower dash to smash it.

Not found until I changed the ecu, tachy relay, dizzy cap, dizzy, coil and ign. module.

(good place for a hidden switch, methinks)

dcc
:P sounds like a ninja anti theft plan to me :D

DrSarty

Glad you sorted it Steve.

When I'm down next, we'll go looking for the little f*ckwits if you like? :P

steve@cornwall
Glad you sorted it Steve.

When I'm down next, we'll go looking for the little f*ckwits if you like? :wub:

Seems like the dvd has been offered for sale to someone I know- he's going to look at it tonight to see if it's mine................

On the bright side, that wire is probably the reason I still have a CTi

danpug
Seems like the dvd has been offered for sale to someone I know- he's going to look at it tonight to see if it's mine................

On the bright side, that wire is probably the reason I still have a CTi

If this turns out to be yours being offered don't hesitate to ask me for a hand if needed. :wub:

pugdamo

Hope you find them and chop there hands off. I had a car broken into and the dim wits tried selling my stuff to a mate of mine just down the road,i got a phone call,went down to his house while they were there,me and my mate had a subtle word with them and they gave me all my stuff back and payed for the window,how nice of them :)

I had to fit the bloody window though,but to be fair i wouldnt have wanted them in my car again.

Im sure you will find them,its a small world.

Ethos
If this turns out to be yours being offered don't hesitate to ask me for a hand if needed. :rolleyes:

Count me in...