• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Goliath

Xu10j2te Wiring, Need Help. No Spark Or Fuel

Goliath

Right my turbo engine is wired in now (massive thanks to WelshPug :) ). We didnt have time to test it while he was still there though and I still cant get it to start.....

It turns over but there is no spark, injectors aren't firing and the fuel pump does not prime. I think it has something to do with the double relay or the single relay just near it. On the single relay I have power to the grey wire (from ECU?) and both of the yellow wires (switched live) with the ignition on. This should mean the injectors and coil pack are firing......i think?

I don't have the heat sink plugged in, when I do it shorts out. Same with the Rad fan, If I plug it into the shunt box it shorts out.

Any ideas would be most greatfull

I was expecting an unlocked ECU to arrive today but it hasnt, that will be tried straight away once it does arrive. I think my ECU is unlocked though so I doubt it is that.

EDIT: Just t add that I did manage to get the fuel pump to prime for a few second if I unplugged the couble relay and then plugged it back in.

Also the engine and chassis are both earthed.

Edited by Goliath

jimbean

i am on with a turbo with the cit wiring at the mo...

the single relay with yellow wires is the fuel pump relay...

the ecu will send a earth to relay to fire it.... the live will be from ign or 12v bat...

if you dont have spark or injector check all lives on double relay/ eartk on g/box... if all good ecu locked

as for fan... make sure you are not pluging the grey plug into shunt box, as it has a earth in it...

Edited by jimbean