• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
choco

Mi16 1.9 Is 2.0 Head

choco

Hi,

I bought a head, and the guy who sold it to me (and of course he bought it from another guy) claimed a tuning-firm did some work on it (can't see anything) and put in a faster inletcam. But at soon as i tried to fit my ex. manifold i found out that it probably was the head of a 2.0l, because of the different stud pattern. :wub:

My questions are:

Are the cams interchangeable? (e.g the same)

How can i tell it's a different cam than standard? They look alike, there are no numbers on the pulley or dizzy side. The only difference i can spot are the numbers stamped in. in141/ex141 on the 1,9 one, and in275/ex309 on the 2,0. It came with a adjustable pulley, but that doesn't mean anything?

Hope you can help me, i give up after 3 days of searching.

Cheers,

Johnny

Anthony

The cams are interchangeable to a point.

1.9 cams will fit a 2.0 head and vice-versa, but 1.9 cams don't have the cam phase sensor needed for the 2.0 management, and 2.0 cams don't have the fitment for the 1.9's rotor arm base. Basically, you can interchange them when running aftermarket management, but you can't when running standard management.

welshpug

I'm pretty certain that if you have the original 2.0 cam you can swap the tang for the cam phase reference sensor to the 1.9 cam.

choco
The cams are interchangeable to a point.

1.9 cams will fit a 2.0 head and vice-versa, but 1.9 cams don't have the cam phase sensor needed for the 2.0 management, and 2.0 cams don't have the fitment for the 1.9's rotor arm base. Basically, you can interchange them when running aftermarket management, but you can't when running standard management.

Aah, i see what you mean. Can take the rotor arm base of from the 1.9, but the 2.0 is solid. And if i exchange the heads i need new management and another exhaust manifold. Guess i have to stick with what i had. Thanx for helping.

Edited by choco

Sign in to follow this