• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
trialster

Fuel Feed Pipe Join From Solid Pipe To Flexi

trialster

hey guy's, not having a good day atall today. getting pretty pissed off tbh!

one of my day's problems involves the fuel pipe joint which sits behind the engine on the bulkhead. the join is leaking, so i've undone the nuts and can't seem to get the barbed fitting off the end of the pipe, any advice?

also, what could be causing the leak? probarbly just some dirt i'd expect..

a couple of the lads at work mentioned that i should remove the join altogether and jubilee clip the flexible hose straight onto the solid feed pipe.

your views will be appreciated!

ta

Will

trialster

and do you think a jubilee clip over the hose is enough to hold it on to a bare pipe on the high pressure side?

Powers

Hi Will,

Just cut of the old fuel pipe and attach a new section along with some decent quality jubilee clips or hose finishers.

sonofsam
and do you think a jubilee clip over the hose is enough to hold it on to a bare pipe on the high pressure side?

No, jubille clips wont close up properley when they are that small in size, you can however buy proper fuel pipe clips.

Mine is like this and has been fine for years I might add.

trialster
No, jubille clips wont close up properley when they are that small in size, you can however buy proper fuel pipe clips.

Mine is like this and has been fine for years I might add.

we talking about joining the rubber hose onto normal solid pipe yeah? not the barbed fitting?

ta

Powers

You can buy jubilee clips in any size and diameter. Also they can be tightened to a far higher torque than any fuel pipe clip.

trialster

ok guy's thanks for the help, managed to get it sorted last night after a lot of nuckle scrubbing!

i used a pipe cutter to chop the end off the feed pipe, then usd a new olive along with the original connector and push a new piece of rubber hose over the barbed fitting :wub: almost sounds easy when typing it on here :lol:

Will

Sign in to follow this