• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

Headunit Losing Its Settings

davey205

hello campers . every time i switch my ignition off headunit loses its settings :-( poo poo any ideas?

im also not able to get my subwoofer with built in amp to power up at all again any ideas would be appreciated

pugdamo

The memory is lost because the permanent live and ignition live is the wrong way round,the red and yellow wire,on most aftermarket stereos they normally have bullet connectors in the wiring so you can swap them easily. as for the sub have you got the remote lead connected?(thin blue wire) and has it got a good earth?

davey205
The memory is lost because the permanent live and ignition live is the wrong way round,the red and yellow wire,on most aftermarket stereos they normally have bullet connectors in the wiring so you can swap them easily. as for the sub have you got the remote lead connected?(thin blue wire) and has it got a good earth?

ah genius ill go and swap that over now then try doing the sub again while im at it fingers crossed i dont mess it up !

davey205
ah genius ill go and swap that over now then try doing the sub again while im at it fingers crossed i dont mess it up !

sorted all wired up cheers pugdamo

BeN9o

i know this is an old thread, and i have the same problem but... i changed the red and yellow around, and it still loses all the settings :/

does this mean theres no power going to the constant 12v?

DrSarty

This is NOT genius.

It's called reading the damned instructions.

BeN9o

what "damned instructions" ?

jason7579
i know this is an old thread, and i have the same problem but... i changed the red and yellow around, and it still loses all the settings :/

does this mean theres no power going to the constant 12v?

Sounds like you have no permanent live. Can you double check it with a multimeter?

And think DrSarty was referring to the Original Poster, should state in the headunits instructions that yellow / red wires may need to be swapped if radio loses stations.

Edited by jason7579

BeN9o

oh right, i thought i'd missed a post or something, i think my dad has a multimeter so i'll go check it as soon as i can get up to his house

Thanks