• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

New Seat Frame

M@tt

This weekend i finally got round to making some new seat frames for the recaro seats i have fitted in my 205. The recaros came from a rover 800 coupe and the standard rover subframes were a perfect match for the 205 mounting points with a few extra holes drilling.

However the seats sat pretty high and it made driving slightly uncomfortable as my knees were hitting the bottom of the steering wheel. So with this weekends good weather i finally set about making some new mountings.

I got a meter length of angle steel from my local B&Q and a couple hours later had fashioned these bad boys. They aren't adjustable but have been set perfectly for my seating position and are a good inch or 2 lower than they were before. Total cost £5 B)

SNC00348.jpg

SNC00349.jpg

mitch205gti

Where's the pics of the seat fitted?

M@tt

ah yes i forgot that one i'll get one tonight B)

Tom Fenton

Are you sure that seatbelt mounting is strong enough? Not wanting to put your efforts down, but you need to make sure that can withstand your body weight plus an decellerative force that could occur in an accident- probably many times g force.

Henry Yorke
Are you sure that seatbelt mounting is strong enough? Not wanting to put your efforts down, but you need to make sure that can withstand your body weight plus an decellerative force that could occur in an accident- probably many times g force.

I was wondering that after remembering the quickshift incident :blink: (I know it wasn't your welding!!)

It may be worth drilling it and at least putting a bolt and washer through to strengthen the weld or even have the bracket underneath as opposed to on top Stuff like this always scares me as you will only find out how good your welding is at the most inappropriate time. It never ceases to amaze me how finely threaded and deep seatbelt mountings tend to go, even in an old car like a 205.

Still a good driving position will make a world of difference