• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Adnic69

Mi16 Afm Connector

Adnic69

I have a poor connection on my afm as the connector has seen better days. Sometimes it runs fine others it's awful and no matter how much fiddling it won't work. The wiring to the plug is not good either.

Where can I get one of the plugs from?

GLPoomobile

It's a Junior Timer connector. Either replace with the same, or get a Junior Power Timer connector, which has a sprung clip that you just depress to release, so much better! Get them from Vehicle Wiring Products, Auto Electric Supplies or Simtek. Or just google Junior Timer or Junior Power Timer connectors.

Cameron

AFM has the sprung clip anyway. B)

Adnic69

can't find a 9 junction clip anywhere.

Can you just remove the old bent clips and replace with new using the existing block?

mr_exe

I replaced ours with a plug and a length of loom from a Mk3 Cavalier and soldered it to the Peugeot loom.

GLPoomobile
can't find a 9 junction clip anywhere.

Can you just remove the old bent clips and replace with new using the existing block?

Yes you can. Just order the corresponding terminals for a Junior Timer housing from VWP or AES. You'll need a ratchet crimping tool to make a proper job of it though.

Sign in to follow this