• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mhyphenl

Loom Connectors

mhyphenl

Morning,

I'm about to rebuild some looms in the car and would like to source the correct connectors. Anyone know who the manufacturer is for the OE ones, thinking of maybe getting a substantial amount and doing a group buy, or just have a load and let people buy off me. We must be able to find out who supplies peugeot! They could do with being colour coded OE spec too.

mhyphenl
They're pretty cheap on Vehicle Wiring Products: http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-...rs/housings.php

Gonna get some from here when i rebuild my Mi16 loom.

Only problem with those guys is there isnt enough choice of connectors, if you think of all the different connectors, 4 / 5 / 6... blade connectors theres loads. Also I'd like to get the colours right.

Service box have a section with the connectors listed but its almost impossible to follow. Very cheap though, pence for most interior connectors. Problem is working out which is which. I'd like to be able to make a full new harness to OE spec and will probably do the same for others on here if it works out not too difficult! I'm good with wiring but want to source the right gear!!

Someone out there must have purchased OE connectors for this use!

ablister

i got some from peugeot but as you say, the pictures are crap and unless you know exactly what to ask for, it's impossible to find them. I got the conenctors that are on the end of the engine wiring loom, the 2 that connect under the dash. They were the wrong ones but made them fit by removing some of the tabs. Also got the male + female terminals.

They may be only a few pence each but they'll come in bags of say 10, 20 etc so suddenly doesn't become cheap.

mhyphenl
They may be only a few pence each but they'll come in bags of say 10, 20 etc so suddenly doesn't become cheap.

That figures. Mind you if I make more than one and sell a couple to people it won't work out too bad.

Does anyone in here work for peugeot, have a good contact or even have an idea of who supplies these connections to peugeot. There must be a source somewhere for these connectors.

HERMAN

Try this company but they dont deal with the public. What you will have to do is ring them up or email them to enquire about opening an account. You will then have to open an account as a small bussiness (garage or auto electrican). When and if you do get a an account then you will be suprized how cheap they are. I used to use them were I used to work and they have a massive range of stuff this is the company were wireing products buy there stuff. They also supplie the companys that recondition things like starter motors and alternators. As i say it is just a ball ache to open an account.

Regards

Neil

http://www.hcdk.com/Default.aspx?AreaID=28

Edited by HERMAN

HERMAN

I have just found an old catalog of theres if you mp your address then I will drop it round to you. At least that way you can see if they have what you want before you open an account.

Regards

Neil

Edited by HERMAN

GLPoomobile

All my loom connectors were sourced from

Vehicle Wiring Products

Auto Electric Supplies

Simtek (forum discount)

Peugeot

Unfortunately, I believe that most of the connectors (any that are not of the Junior Timer type) are only available from Peugeot, along with the matching terminals. And if you get an arsey dealer, they may not let you order the quantity you need, instead insisting on selling by the bag.

Cameron

Yes you can still get the majority them from Peugeot, although its much better to recycle the old connector housings and just get new terminals. The housings are a couple of quid each so a whole loom's worth will be expensive! The terminals cost peanuts.

Super Josh
The terminals cost peanuts.

I wouldn't say they cost peanuts. Prices below, and it soon adds up when you order a decent quantity to do both engine bay looms.

6542 22 5mm Female 0.5mm2 £0.45

6542 19 5mm Female 1mm2 £0.34

6542 20 5mm Female 3mm2 £0.62

6542 59 5mm Male 1mm2 £0.36

6542 V5 5mm Male 2mm2 £1.03

6542 32 6.3mm Female 1mm2 £0.34

6542 30 6.3mm Female 5mm2 £0.34

Josh

Cameron
:( God I don't remember them being that much! Maybe I repressed the memories. B)

mhyphenl
I wouldn't say they cost peanuts. Prices below, and it soon adds up when you order a decent quantity to do both engine bay looms.

6542 22 5mm Female 0.5mm2 £0.45

6542 19 5mm Female 1mm2 £0.34

6542 20 5mm Female 3mm2 £0.62

6542 59 5mm Male 1mm2 £0.36

6542 V5 5mm Male 2mm2 £1.03

6542 32 6.3mm Female 1mm2 £0.34

6542 30 6.3mm Female 5mm2 £0.34

Josh

This is exactly why I want to find out who supplies peugeot. They'll be making massive markups on that sort of stuff! If we can figure out who supplies the stuff we could bulk buy and I'm up for making a few looms. They really are the cause of many of the intermittent faults particularly on the later more complex systems. I'll keep looking. I know it can be done on a repair basis with stuff from people like Vehicle wiring, but getting the colour and shape of the connectors would be great! I'll even go to the dizzy heights of labelling the cables with the correct numbers!

Martin.

welshpug

all the usual JPT type connectors seem to use the same pins, I used to go through thousands of these when I worked at a slot machine factory in Cardiff, shame they've closed down and the building flattened last year, local supplier as far as I can remember too.