• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Adnic69

Mi16 Water Temp, Oil Temp And Rev Counter.

Adnic69

Evening all

I have a problem with my oil temp, water temp and rev counter on my MI16. It's been off the road for a year and a half and now these three are not working. The trouble is that I can't remember where the sensors are and what colour wires should be connected up.

Does anyone have any pics that could help me?

Ad

Adnic69

Nobody can give me any advise on what wires to look for? :)

Adnic69

I have been searching for ages on this and found nothing really. I know the rev counter wire goes from the coil pack and is wire 112 but can't find anything else.

Have drawn a blank with water temp wiring. Any numbers/colours or even where it connects to would be great.

pug309twin40s

oil temperature sensor should be on the back of the sump near the sump drain plug.

water sensor is on the thermostat housing along with the water temp warning light(cant remember which way round the sensors are though)

Rev counter is wire 112, runs from coil to the multiplug under dash(engine loom connects to the dash loom) but depends how your mi16 wiring is done.

AndyJ

Water temp guage is the sender on the side of the thermostat housing (red plastic body on mine) right above the ecu temp sender. The temp warning light sender is on top and green

Wire numbering does depend on how your loom is made up, and I cant see which it is on mine cos it has black sleeving over it. I can have a look which multiplug pin it goes to if you need it.

Adnic69

Thanks for the replys.

I have got the water temp working ok.

I will run a wire from coil to multi plug. The existing wire could have a break in it.

Sign in to follow this