• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest toastie

Will Bumpers From 205 Gti Fit A 1.8 Diesel?

Guest toastie

I cant get a 205 gti due to the expensive insurance so i decided just to make my 1.8 diesel look like a gti.

I would like to replace the plastic bumpers (the bit where the fog lamps go) with metal ones and need to know whether the front and back bumpers from a gti would fit my car?

Edited by toastie

jimistdt

Hey up Toastie

Have a look through this thread by Platty, I reckon that most of your questions will be answered.

Or you could just get an STDT :blink:

Guest toastie

oh sorry i did try searching but this is exatly what i want.

thank you

platty

Some of the fixings that hold the lower valence to the bumper will be a swine to get apart. I ended up using a hacksaw blade to cut the bolts off. The plastic lower GTI valence will fit straight on, and with a few bolts, and the plastic clips will look coolio.

I then tapped into the full beam cable on the nearside headlight, and mounted a relay in the plastic box you'll find behind the nearside headlight. Took some power from the shunt box, and hey presto, the front driving lights work when full beam is on.

I'll do you a wiring diagram if your unsure. :excl: