• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
buster205

Wishbone Bush Kit Query

buster205

hi all

just bought bush kit from dealers, the two bolts for the rear larger bush are shanked but the smaller front bush bolts are set bolts is this correct or should all 4 bolts have shanks ? also it didn't have any ball joint pinch bolts ?.....

cheers

Ste

Goliath

Yes that is correct, they dont come with the pinch bolts either IIRC.

buster205
Yes that is correct, they dont come with the pinch bolts either IIRC.

cheers mate, i've ordered the pinch bolts for tomorrow, should they have shanks ? the bolts fitted at the mo are different lenghts and the pass side one as a spring washer fitted instead of a nyloc nut ? i suspect that isn't the correct fitment ?....

Ste

Goliath

Yes the pinch bolt ones do have smooth shanks for more then half way down the length of the bolt.

They should all be nyloc locking nuts. Sounds like the ones on there are bodge job replacements.

Tom Fenton

The kit does come with set screws for the smaller bush pivot, I personally don't think these are correct as most cars I dismantle have a "bolt" (e.g. plain shank) here. I reuse the bolt with plain shank rather than the set screw.

buster205
The kit does come with set screws for the smaller bush pivot, I personally don't think these are correct as most cars I dismantle have a "bolt" (e.g. plain shank) here. I reuse the bolt with plain shank rather than the set screw.

alright Tom

took the wishbone in work last night and removed gsf bushes but the genuine pug bushes are quite a loose fit in the arm (brand new arm), they are that loose i could push them all the way home by hand. is this normal. not happy with it at all so i'm going to metal lock new bushes in so they can't rotate in arm. i'll see if we've got some bolts in work that i can fit instead of the set bolts.

cheers

Ste

Tom Fenton

Something wrong for sure there, the bushes should be a decent press fit.

buster205
Something wrong for sure there, the bushes should be a decent press fit.

the bushes are genuine pug, so the gsf arm is poor quality and as been slightly over bored, i've araldited them in to be on the safe side ....!

cheers

Ste