• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hispetdog

Bottom Arms

hispetdog

I've always wondered what the clunking and juddering is from my front suspension. MOT failure says I need bottoms arms. I'm assuming this was the cause of the clunking. Weird thing is my car sometimes doesn't roll back on a hill it seems to jam. Would that be related?

Cheers

aCe

No i wouldn't have thought they are related, it's probablt not rolling back due to sticking calipers ir wheel cylinder.

Try jacking each wheel up individually and make suere they spin freely

buster205
I've always wondered what the clunking and juddering is from my front suspension. MOT failure says I need bottoms arms. I'm assuming this was the cause of the clunking. Weird thing is my car sometimes doesn't roll back on a hill it seems to jam. Would that be related?

Cheers

see rob the sparky's post before renewing wishbones, £48.50 +vat for wishbone (gsf) and £21.45(inc vat) for bush kit at dealers, (4 bushes so does both arms) , it will save you from doing the job twice !

stutto
see rob the sparky's post before renewing wishbones, £48.50 +vat for wishbone (gsf) and £21.45(inc vat) for bush kit at dealers, (4 bushes so does both arms) , it will save you from doing the job twice !

Motaquip 'bones are said to have better bushes in from the off. Do a search.

OP first needs to know whether it is balljoint or bushes (or possibly both) causing the mot fail.