• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
andychalmers

S16 Hoses & Thermostat Housing.

andychalmers

I have a S16 rally car on throttle boddies. I wanted to fit silicone hoses to it but have found most of the hoses on the thermostat housing are different and not a off the shelf part. I think someone mentioned (maybe Miles) that I could fit another thermostat housing so I could use say 8V 1900 hoses off the shelf.

Can someone mention if it can be done?

What bits do I need etc?

Thanks, Andy

Miles

You need the 1.9 Mi housing off your not using the Cam sensor or the S16 inlet cam, Blank the rear outlet off and a core plug for the drain hole in the side of the head.

andychalmers

photo3cte.th.jpg

photo1cjf.th.jpg

photoned.th.jpg

Thankyou miles, I was a little confused on your message.

"You need the 1.9 Mi housing off your not using the Cam sensor or the S16 inlet cam, Blank the rear outlet off and a core plug for the drain hole in the side of the head."

So the 1.9Mi thermostat housing will fit if I dont use the cam sensor & I dont run a standard S16 inlet cam. Then blank off the outlet on the housing & fit a core plug in the head?

So what cam could I fit then?

Can I buy a core plug off the shelf?

Miles

Yes it's a direct fit as the heads are pretty much the same, You could also fit the 1.9 Mi cam cover too which enable's the ditching of the S16 one which is big and heavy.

The cam you can either remove the fork on the end of it or ruun any 1.9 Mi cam you wish, any other question's is best to give me a call

Ron_Jaegers

I was wondering what the cam sensor is for on the original management. I'm planning to run aftermarket management on my s16 and doing a clean install so with the mi1.9 water housing, but was wondering why the cam sensor can be left unconnected.

welshpug

the cam sensor is used as it's sequential injection not batch fired as the 1.9 Mi16 + 8 valve

Ron_Jaegers

Aaah.. that makes sense. So if you're running a coil pack with wasted spark configuration the cam phase sensor can be ditched. Now to just source a 1.9 Mi thermostat housing and rocker cover.

Sign in to follow this