• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jtek

10mm Fuel Filter?

jtek

Does anybody know of any O.E. fuel filter that has 10mm push on fittings? I have a few bits of braided hose running into the engine bay and these are 10mm ID to match the GTI6 fuel rail and I now need a filter to suit. Could go and get a 30 quid Sytec jobby but I figured I would check if there were any 5 quid GSF bargains to be had first!

Many thanks

oli-pug

I never found 10mm id hose a great fit on the gti-6 rail. Originally, I ran a 106 filter which has 8mm push on fittings then put an 8-10mm joiner in.

But I had no end of trouble with leaking at the rail with the 10mm hose tbh. The hose needs to be a really snug fit so I eventually just warmed up some 7/16" hose in boiling water and it went on nicely.

Edited by oli-pug

jtek

Was that rubber hose or braided oli? Its just that mine seems to be a fairly tight fight onto the rail and then clamps well with a hose clip, and 8mm hose does the return line fine. I have tried a 106 filter however and that is a bit too loose for my liking.

jtek

Well for anybody who does get themselves into a pickle with this like i have then fear not. I have just sat and looked through all of Mahle's filter catalogue and I tracked down one that should do it. KL238, which is used on a Fiat Seicento and a number of other models. 10mm push on fittings with a neat little mounting bracket fitted aswell. Will try and get one in the next few days and check it works, hopefully it will be up to the job.

joe1joe

and is beter2 use the proper fuel clips, not jubilee clips... clamps the pipe more even.

platty

I've got to order fuel hose for my conversion this week, and was going for 10mm hose, but if 8mm is a better fit, I'll order that instead. Did you have any luck with the Filter jtek?

jtek

I will be pressurising the fuel system for the first time today. I used the Seicento filter and it was a good fit once i had pushed the pipe over the first lip and clipped from there. as mentioned before, proper fuel clips are much much better then jubilee clips so be sure to use those. The filter is a great fit though and ideal to go on the inner front wing. I will let you know how I get on if i don't set myself on fire lots.

Sign in to follow this