• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SPGTi

Help! How To Close Electric Windows

SPGTi

I have removed the engine from the car and some of the wiring including the battery. I have left the electric windows open though and now want to close them. Can I find the power and earth for the window motors, connect them directly to a battery and close them ? If so which wires am I looking for or is there another way ?

cheers

Steve

willmounsey

If you get the plug for the windows which go into the switch on th door and its the 2 end wires which are the positive and negitive (think one is grey and one is green or yellow) strip 2 bit o wire n connect to a battery n that should sort it out, had same problem wit mine wen it was being transported to get re-sprayed windows open, engine out and pissing wit rain :blush:

willmounsey

If you get the plug for the windows which go into the switch on th door and its the 2 end wires which are the positive and negitive (think one is grey and one is green or yellow) strip 2 bit o wire n connect to a battery n that should sort it out, had same problem wit mine wen it was being transported to get re-sprayed windows open, engine out and pissing wit rain :blush:

SPGTi

Cheers, got it sorted now.

Steve