• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brolly

Some Advice Needed

brolly

hi all

recently i found a 106 xsi 1.4 engine (finally :D) with a good price , but the engine is without self starter, alternator gearbox and body throttle and harness.

A friend of mine has a 205 gt\xs engine the once with the twin choke carbulator completed. but the engine is burning oil.

My intention was to get both engines and fit the 205 gt inlet manifold + carb, alternator, self starter and gearbox on the xsi engine. I heard they have similar ratios, is that right.

Are all those parts interchangeable?

Do i need something else to make this engine works ?

Are there any problems installing a 106 xsi engine on a 205 that had 1.0 engine ?

AdamP

The carb won't fit without a custom manifold unfortunately as the port spacing / bolt holes are different. The other bits should fit. I have an entire injection system (including loom and ECU) from a 106 XSi here which I won't be using, not sure how much it would cost to post to Malta though!

brolly

umm is it possible to check how much it will cost please as here in malta is very difficult to find xsi stuff :S.

is the throttle body or what is call included ?

with the xsi engine he is giveing me the original inlet. will it be more easy to fit the original inlet to the carb ?

Edited by brolly

brolly

will the xsi engine with the 205 gt\xs carb would be less power full and consume more fuel or the other way round??

are the 205 xs \gt really that similar to the xsi gearbox?

burr_2000

I have never really heard of someone putting a xs carbs set up on a xsi. It would work but you would need to plug up injector holes and re tune the carb. it will probably use more fuel and as for power the twin choke solex carbs are pretty good when running right. You will be able to use the xs/gt gearbox and is shorter ratio.