• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alteran

Tachymetric Relay

Alteran

Hello everyone.

Could anyone please tell me how many pins the tachymetric relay has? I have a 1.6 Gti, 1990 model. Strangly there is a four pin relay plugged into a seven pinned plug near my ECU. My car will not start after i have removed the immobiliser and soldered all the wires back to standard.

Something tells me that when an immobiliser is fitted, the proper Tachy Relay is substituted for a simpler Relay.

Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance

Liam.

Baz

5 normal sized spades, and 2 half sized ones, 7 in total.

Alteran

Thanks for the quick response Baz. I need to source one of these then! I've heard they're pretty expensive from Peugeot, Anybody have one lying about on the off chance?

Moz_Goodwood

they are expensive from peugeot try ebay they're usually on there from £10 to £20

Alteran

Thanks Moz. There is a Vauxhall one on there for 13 quid, I wonder if they're the same?

pug_ham
Thanks Moz. There is a Vauxhall one on there for 13 quid, I wonder if they're the same?

If the Vauxhall one is the same as the one I have here its got one less small pin.

Graham.

Alteran
If the Vauxhall one is the same as the one I have here its got one less small pin.

Graham.

The eBay ad does say 7 pin but you never know with these things. I think i'm going to hold out and get the correct relay. Thanks for everyones replies.

Liam.