• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bombhead88

Whats This Switch?

bombhead88

Its a white 3 way switch marked with " = O - "

doesnt seem to do anything, dont think its to do with alarm/immobiliser as ive figured that out and wires go off up behind the dash.

Is it something really obvious? not having had a pug before im not sure

P010309_1204222.jpg

EdCherry

Not standard, it could be wiring for your fan though as alot of people put a manual switch in for it. Turn it on too one/two and poke around your engine bay.

snooks

Because of where its located I would stab a guess at some sort of bypass for the fuel pump.

bombhead88

If it is for the fuel pump what would it do?

richsmells

Neonz! :)

Sorry...

In answer to your question, often the fuel pump wiring or relay fails so it's common to see it rewired. Can be a bit of a bodge. When you turn on the ignition do you hear the fuel pump prime before the engine starts? Check that the switch is wired into a fuse and relay, else it's a hazard.

From your picture it looks like the car had/has a couple of immobilisers fitted. These are usually wired into the fuel pump connection so it's a possibility that the wiring has been messed with.

Certainly when I dismantled mine after the immobiliser failed, the wiring was an absolute mess and I had to effectively hotwire the car to get it to the garage.

Edited by richsmells