• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ethos

Side Lights Not Working

Ethos

Hi guys

My MOT for the 205 is booked in on Wednesday :lol: and i'm trying to sort out a few things before it. I had completely forgotten that the sidelights weren't working.

I thought i'd buy some new bulbs just incase, they cost £2.59 or 88p with a trade card ... bargain.

Well it turns out it's not the bulbs (worth a try). What else could affect the sidelights being turned on? The dash lights / full beam are fine.

I assume side lights are part of the MOT?

Thanks

Ethos

FYI i've checked fuse 13 and that's working fine...

steve@cornwall
FYI i've checked fuse 13 and that's working fine...

Bulb holders are notorious, unplug the whole assembly, clean off the springy bulb contacts in the holders and the spade connectors at the back. The bulbs may require wedging with matchsticks or similar to get them working, wiggle the bulb when it's all fitted back together to see if it makes a difference. IMO bodging is fine for this as thay never stay fixed, even with new bits. And when does anyone ever use side lights anyway? Get them to work on Wednesday and forget about them 'till next year :lol:

pugdamo

Same as Steve says,bulb holders are always playing up,but you would have rear sidelights though,is it only the front side lights that arnt working? If its front and rear sidelights and numberplate lights then it could be the switch as im pretty sure the dash lights uses a seperate wire on the switch from the sidelamps. Also there is an earth point on the front panel next to the radiator,theres one on both sides,it should have a plastic bag thingy over them,the right hand one controls right front lights and the left hand one controls left front lights and washer pump,if you dont get any joy with the other stuff try giving it a wiggle

Ethos

Cheers guys, I got them working in the end. It was a case of wiggling them about / cleaning up. Also one side one of the wires had come out so I had to re-crimp another female spade on.

Steve I also get the washer bottle fitted (temp for the MOT). Tight to say the least, just hope the water bottle doesn't leak..... :lol:

img0056.jpg

pugdamo

Glad it was an easy fix.

Thanks,i can make use of that picture,i see your battery is 440amp :lol:

Edited by pugdamo

Ethos
Glad it was an easy fix.

Thanks,i can make use of that picture,i see your battery is 440amp :lol:

Tis indeed, I think the 405 battery is meant to be a bit beefier but this seems to be fine :lol:

Cheap with a trade card too.

Just took it out for a quick "test", beaut. Hopefully it'll go through the MOT without much hassle now.

Just got to work out why the alternator isn't charging till I rev it up!!!

... happy Tom today :)