• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cherry_red

2.0 Mi16/s16 Dipstick Problems

cherry_red

Have a 2.0 Mi16, which I have just put into my car had to take the dipstick out when I was putting on my new exhaust, now I cant get it back in.

Is there a flexible dipstick hose or something, which will enable me to bypass the exhaust and get behind the engine mount to the dipstick feed?

Spent ages trying to get it on now...getting frustrated! B)

pip470

What do you mean dipstick? I think I may be misunderstanding you. I'm sure the steel blocks have the dipstick on the front of the engines.

welshpug

not the 2.0 Mi16 or S16, they're on the timing belt end at the back, the guide is bolted down under one of the cam cover bolts.

cherry_red
not the 2.0 Mi16 or S16, they're on the timing belt end at the back, the guide is bolted down under one of the cam cover bolts.

Would be a lot easier if it was on the front like the alloy block.

Option 1: Get out the pipe benders and bend my way around

Option 2: Cut the dipstick in half and then attach some flexi hose to the end and snake my way around all the obstacles

Option 3: You tell me? :)

pip470

Ok, thanks for clearing that up welshpug. I'm afraid I dont know how you're setup is so can't comment but I have bent mine a little with no problems of kinking but i dont think you could change the route drasticly with out problems.

I wonder if you could wire up the oil level gauge sensor to some sort of gauge that could be read. Maybe another option for you.

cherry_red

Been looking around the internet and found this flexi dipstick, only problem is they seem to be only available from america.

So instead I was thinking of cutting the OE dipstick to about 10cm and putting it on, then cutting a thread on the top and attaching a standard screw type hose fitting and hose and hey presto a flexi dipstick.

Want a manual dipstick don't really trust having a electric sensor to take a reading.

post-12518-1236031601.jpg