• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Be-ma Gearbox Info

johnnyboy666

ive heard quite a few people mention the BE-MA gearbox that will fit TU engines, and im interested in doing this myself. i'd like to know who has done it and what else needs changing or adapting to make them fit?

im sure ive seen somebody's project on here that had this conversion but i cant remember who it was :D

so far ive found that the box is from Picasso, C4 and 307's im assuming all 1.6? are these all identical boxes or is there a preferred one to go for?

will the gear post pivot thing need to be moved ?

can the same gear rods be used?

will it need 1.6gti driveshafts?

if anbody has done this and could post a step by step type thing and a list of parts or something the that would be excellent :unsure:

thanks in advance

john

decoc182

From the bits Ive gathered together you will need a XU suframe, XU driveshafts, XU intermediate bearing carrier and the bits to work the clutch and gearchange.

Picasso,307 and c4 1.6 have the gearbox

burr_2000

Whats the weight difference between a standard MA box and this BE Box?

jonnygoodhand

Not a great deal, I think. The above gearbox weighed around 32kgs, all crated up, when new from citroen IIRC.