• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

Super Quick Question

looking to buy off website but cant find them using drop down menu

anyone know the part number?

thanks

M@tt

don't think they do them anymore, pug only parts afaik, wait to be corrected though

welshpug

T42604 REAR ARM 205 REAR X MEMBER INNER TUBE 46.55

M@tt

post back if them stock them as last i heard they listed them but didn't have any in stock

welshpug

they had stock a few weeks ago apparently, dunno how much though, probably all gone to Miles :lol:

Ordered and confirmed :lol:

thanks guys

Tom Fenton

I bought a pair about 2 weeks ago for stock.

RonnieG

Likewise I bought these arms, inner & outer bearings from GSF on Friday.

The local GSF had to bring the stock in from their Birmingham branch but no probs...

The arms cost me £42.70 + VAT each and the bearings £4.55 + Vat each but it was all genuine Peugeot stuff. The arms even came in the Peugeot/Citroen marked packaging.

M@tt

remember PSOOC membership gets you 10% off those prices as well

Anthony
the bearings £4.55 + Vat each but it was all genuine Peugeot stuff.

Are the bearings definately genuine Peugeot ones now? In the past GSF supplied nasty pattern bearings with about half the number of needles compared to the genuine ones, and these don't seem to last very well at all judging from the number of knackered beams I've pulled apart with them in...

welshpug

not sure about the ones supplied for a 205 Anthiony, but if you buy the kit intended for a 306 (2 bearings and the seal) they are SKF branded, but I think peugeot/citroen may be cheaper for these.

RonnieG

Anthony - I'm with you on GSF sometimes supplying inferior bearings and my plan was to return the bearings if I was suspect at all but I'm sure the bearings GSF supplied with the arms were the OE ones.

I'm positive the beam on my 205 has never been dismantled before and the bearings that GSF supplied had the exact same case markings, the exact same brand, Made in France and had the exact same part numbers printed on them on both the inner & outer bearings as the bearings I removed from my own beam.

BusEngineer

This may be a daft question and i should search but im just heading out to GSF before they shut so need quick answer

Are the 205 and 309 shafts and bearings the same??

Anthony
Are the 205 and 309 shafts and bearings the same??

Yes. All the normal bits you'd use for the beam recon, with the exception of the tube itself if that's knackered, are the same between 205 and 309 beams

(obviously there are other differences between the two, but I'm purely talking about bits you'd replace for a rebuild)

BusEngineer

Cheers Anthony <_<

arrived today in pug boxes!

sweet