• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

Eibach 7001 Vs Oe Springs

DamirGTI

Right , just a quick one !

Since my car is on the axle stands and i'll be removing the struts out in order to apply stonechip coat in the wheel arches i was wondering whether to fit these Eibachs or keep the OE springs (i have a pair of Eibach 7001 springs somewhere in my garage ..) .. i've done search and theres loads of info but the thing is the roads are a bit "bumpy" over here where i live so i dunno how will they perform on a bumpy roads ?! :mellow:

Which one do you fancy Eibachs or OE ones for slightly rough surface/road ? :(

Damir :mellow:

Super Josh

Well I've just gone from OE to 7001 and what a revelation. The 7001s are sooo much better at absorbing the bumps than the OE stuff. Must be the progressive rate, because they really do iron out our bumpy UK roads. :(

Josh

GLPoomobile

I really liked 7001s with standard old dampers on mine. But then most of the roads I drove weren't incredibly bumpy. The one day I did drive down some seriously bumpy country lanes in Norfolk I found the 205 struggling to cope, and was bouncing all over the place. Mind you, I did have BBM Group N top donuts fitted by then, which made things worse.

If your roads are pretty bad, I'd stick with standard springs.

Edited by GLPoomobile

Baz

Ride height's surely the issue between the 2 though?

DrSarty

I'm no expert on suspension, but one thing I can say for sure, is that GLPoo's car and mine were running identical suspension and felt equally comfortable and planted.

Jackherer commented how good OE dampers were on his spin in my motor, but I now feel it was a combination of OE dampers and the damn fine Eibach springs.

Everything's a compomise, but boy is this a good one. :(

DamirGTI

Well i have Sachs shocks (some gas "Super Touring" series) all around which i've bought 2years ago and i haven't do much miles since the either so they're still like brand new item :mellow: and will fit these Eibachs on them if you say that they're good un :lol:

Just how bumpy are the roads back there in the UK ? :( badly or slightly :mellow:

Damir B)

Simes

Well I've had 7001 for about 5 years now and really like them.

A couple of years back I removedl of the Group N top mounts, much less crashing around.

DamirGTI

Ok. boys if you say so i'll fit them on :(

Cheers ! :mellow:

Damir

Henry Yorke

I find Eibachs an improvement over standard in a lot of cases. You cannot go wrong with them as they are beautifully progressive as they are hot wound, which is why they cost more than the other springs

EdCherry
Just how bumpy are the roads back there in the UK ? :D badly or slightly :D

Damir B)

Depends where in the UK you live, you notice a certain drop in road quality as you drive into the glourious county of wiltshire.... full of farmers you see!

Rippthrough

Around here it's mainly potholes occasionally connected by strips of tarmac.

DamirGTI

Well then it might be similar like over here :) tough some local roads over here will be deffo "the king of the bumps" for any UK road me thinks :lol: anyway things are getting better last few years they've made a lot of miles new roads/motorways so all what was left "bumpy" are mainly local roads with low traffic .. but said that these ones will be on the schedule for repairing (stitching !) as well as the others ..

Ok. so just few more things prior to fitting these Eibachs :

1. direction of fitting -> closer wound coils down the strut (or up ?!)

2. bump stops -> to cut one circle off the top of the bumpstops or not ?!

Damir ;)

Edited by DamirGTI