• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

5 Door Front Seat Subframes

M@tt

I took my recaro seats out my 205 at the weekend with a view to fitting them to some 205 subframes in the hope that they would be lower as i find my knees catching on the steerig wheel. Anyway i found that there really wasn't a lot of difference in height between the recoro frame (with tilting and height adjusting mechanism) and the 205 GTi ones so probably not worth the effort.

I really don't need the tilting mechanism so does anyone have a set of 5 door subframes or know how different to the 3 door tilting ones they are? i'm hoping without the tilting mechanism the subframe might be alot lower as i really don't want to have to lower the seat moutnign point in the shell.

the other option is to make some simple static rails from some shallow regangular steel tube that the seat will bolt to and have a set of holes drilled so that it can be mounted in a appropriate position.

RossD

I'll take some pics of mine tomorrow and stick them up if you haven't had any takers by then. As far as I know, the 5dr frames are the same as the 3dr, just without the tilt mechanism.

M@tt

cheers ross

any chance you could take a measurement of how high they are in normal untilted mode ie the distance between teh bottom of the runner which bolts to the car and the top of the joint bit that bolts to the seat, i can compare that against my gti one

cheers

Goliath

The 5 door ones are lower. The full height of them is about an inch whereas the 3 door ones with the tilt mechanism are about 2-3 inches. On 5 door models the subframes have plastic or metal spacers between the subframe and the shell to make them upto more or less the same height as the tilting subframes.

pug_ham

AFAIK the five door subframe is basically the same as a three door one just it has the tilting mech removed (its only bolted on).

I've got one on a seat downstairs so I can get some measurements if you need them.

Graham.