• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JimboIASCA

Knocking Noises

JimboIASCA

Hi guys and girls.........

Right then

205 1.6 gti 1991

It had only done 66k genuine and so decided to get involved in the project my friend had started.

Changed water pump and cam belt without too much trouble, it stood up on the jack for a month or three, but finished the job without too much trouble when i got time.

The problem is now, i have a horrible and worrying knocking sound from the right side of the front end when - going over bumps, or steering right sharply. NOT when steering left.

We have had the wheel back off that side and found no issues, just confirmed that no obvious problems were there.

What to do next guys? where to look? what to try?

Hope that has made some sense to somone and that i havn't waffled on for too long..........

Thanks in advance

James

cir287

check the outer CV boot, chances are its knackered, if so the CV joint probably is too.

either way I reckon the CV joint is shagged, usually not worth trying to replace seperate, may be easier to pick up another shaft from a scrappie, just check the boots prior to handing over shillings