• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

Be4 Gearbox

hcmini1989

right ive tried searching but cant find anything uing a be4 box right i have my mi16 engined 205 wich was running a be3 until the input shaft sheared off so went rushing out and bought a be1 and realised there totally difrent o just bought another be3 started cleaning it up with wire wool before i fitted it and relised the numbers are be4 so i assume its a be4 it looks identicl to be3 its out of a c15 van so im told will it fit nd work on the mi engine and using the be3 pedal box and selctor box

EdCherry

Id flog the box if it is a BE4, the saxo and 106 boys will bite your arm off for it! Just find another BE3 they arnt hard to come buy, or expensive, infact theres a few in the For Sale section.

hcmini1989
Id flog the box if it is a BE4, the saxo and 106 boys will bite your arm off for it! Just find another BE3 they arnt hard to come buy, or expensive, infact theres a few in the For Sale section.

yeah but im in a litle bit off a rush as im selling my other car so will need to get my 205 done just to run around in not realy botherd about the ratios as my old box is being rebuilt might get it back in six months if im lucky

cybernck
- when asking questions or making replies, make full use of vocabulary and grammar

which means that "txt spk" and "CAPS LOCK" (aka shouting) will not be tolerated.

also, only english language is allowed for use in public conversations

welshpug
right ive tried searching but cant find anything uing a be4 box right i have my mi16 engined 205 wich was running a be3 until the input shaft sheared off so went rushing out and bought a be1 and realised there totally difrent o just bought another be3 started cleaning it up with wire wool before i fitted it and relised the numbers are be4 so i assume its a be4 it looks identicl to be3 its out of a c15 van so im told will it fit nd work on the mi engine and using the be3 pedal box and selctor box

the ratio's in it will be unlikely to suit the Mi16 engine if it came off a diesel engine.

you're wrong there, seeing as the O.P said it came from a Diesel C15 it has an XU/DW bellhousing.

hcmini1989
the ratio's in it will be unlikely to suit the Mi16 engine if it came off a diesel engine.

you're wrong there, seeing as the O.P said it came from a Diesel C15 it has an XU/DW bellhousing.

yeah thats the only diffrence i think is the ratios but dont mind for now untill i get chance to get another well its bolted up anyway any idea of the ratios then i think it might be very similar to the 1.8 diesel but im not to sure

Hilgie

The C15 van never had the DW engine afaik. So it should be XU bellhousing. And yes...the last ones had the BE4 box, which is identical to the BE3 box, but with a stronger diff and slightly modified internals.

However because it came from a diesel it probably has very long and unusable ratios on a petrol car.

RossD

Just to confuse things, Servicebox (The Citroen version) says the C15 had the DW8 engine.... and the BE3R box. What I have seen on the last BE3R's though is that they are BE4's in all but the clutch actuation (On top of the box on BE3, at the front on BE4, much the same as the BE1). Hell, even the main casing had BE4 stamped onto it on the BE3R boxes i have seen on the later 306's!

welshpug

the DW8 is as close as you can get to an XU engine without being an XU <_<

I have noticed the same with the Be3-4 markings, I have two 6 speed BE boxes that are stamped BE4 on the main casing and BE3 on the bellhousing.

hcmini1989
the DW8 is as close as you can get to an XU engine without being an XU :(

I have noticed the same with the Be3-4 markings, I have two 6 speed BE boxes that are stamped BE4 on the main casing and BE3 on the bellhousing.

right now im confused its fitted on its excactly the same as the be3 and i mean excactly i checked everything so hopefully should work i presume its from a diesel as im not sure there were many petrol c15`s

Hilgie

I *think* the petrol C15s were all TUs or earlier (XY etc).

alync406

This gearbox could have a final drive ratio of 4.53:1,which is good,the berlingos had a 4.53 final drive anyways,thats what i have in my 205.The gearing would be too long with its own gear ratios though.

hcmini1989
This gearbox could have a final drive ratio of 4.53:1,which is good,the berlingos had a 4.53 final drive anyways,thats what i have in my 205.The gearing would be too long with its own gear ratios though.

right im abit new to all this and final drive ratios and working out gearing what speed shold be expected from this box i mean my old one would pull around 30 in 1st 60 in second cant remember what the rest were but ould top out around 115 so im i right in saying this one will be nowere near those speeds in the lower gears but maybe higher top end

Sign in to follow this